1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies from Chicago - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. sunithareddy

sunithareddy New IL'ite

Hi everybody, nice to see friends from chicago. I am sunitha, live in Hyde park chicago , iam from bangalore and hubby is from Hyderbad, married for 2and half yrs now. Not ready for kids yet. we are looking to shift our apt towards Schamburg, is there any body who stays there let me know we can get together.

2. AnithaSrinivas

AnithaSrinivas New IL'ite

Hi,

Am Anitha, n I stay at NAPERVILLE, with my hubby n a 21mnths baby girl.
    Am a Stay at Home mom.
    Am here in Chicago for the last 2yrs

Jus an info : NAPERVILLE is the 2nd best places to LIVE in USA :)

This is my first post and hope to catch up soon. Really waiting to make friends here.

3. amitakaras

amitakaras New IL'ite

hi everyone

I am Amita from Pune, India. My family is moving to Chicago in the first week of June. Am looking forward to make new friends even before we land. I am still not sure where in Chicago we will live but would like to know which areas in chicago are good for a family with kid.In our discussions my husband mentioned downtown area where we might rent a place initially. My daughter Ashweta is 6 years old and I am worried a lot about how she will cope with the change, she has so many friends here and such wonderful life, I hope she makes new friends there too.

Anyway thats all for now, will write soon with more details.
    It will be great to get some response from my would be friends.

cheers
    Amita

4. Sdevir

Sdevir New IL'ite

Hi Ponraj12345,

I'm from Round lake. been here for the last 4 yrs. Anyone else from around this area???

Sdevir

5. komalam

komalam New IL'ite

hello everyone!
    I am geetanjali .I am from kerala but born and brought up in hyderabad, india. I am currently in united states.live in westmont ,a western suburb of chicago for the past 10 yrs. i am married and have two teenagers.(19 and 15 yrs old).
    i love to read and cook and do little bit of gardening.

love,
    geeta

6. Sri2007

Sri2007 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Sri living in waukegan,IL with my 7 yrs old daughter. Hope to meet some friends here.

Thanks
    Sri

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi komalam,

me too from westmont. where do u live in westmont i live in avalon at westgrove. how about making friends do u love that one too....

love
    shree

8. richierich

richierich New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am Richa (IL username is richierich). I live in glendale heights with my hubby and our 3yr old boy.
    We've been in chicago for about 7yrs now. I love chicago especially in summer. I love to go to downtown and like to stroll along the beach.
    Lets have our chicago indusladies community meeting where we'll get a chance to know all the members of chicago... anybody interested?

:wave

Richa

9. anjalineema

anjalineema New IL'ite

hi tara n garima...
    i need some help from both of u.. as u both are expecting ur baby in feb.. n living in Chicago... even i m expecting my first baby due in feb ..
    i m new to this palce... i need to consult a doctor just for check ups and a wish to go for a scan also u must also be consulting a doc so can u let me know who is a good doc in this area.. i live in Hoffman Estates or u can say Schaumburg Illinois ...

hey do let me now how much does it cost to consult a doc .. i mean what is the fee .. i heard is it something like fee depends on insurance u hold..????
    pl let me know....

10. Chinu

Chinu New IL'ite

Hello Everybody,

I am Chinu ...been in Chicago since March of this year with my husband.I recently finished MBA from Canada....and I miss...sss Vancouver and I miss too much of India.Basically a Bengali from Darjeeling,India.
    However, I have started liking this place and looking forward to love this place by expanding my network of good friends.

Lets live life queensize :clap in Chicago....keep smiling and have fun.

Best wishes,
    Chinu