Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Re: Need help regarding Chennai schools

Hi Shanthi,

Today, I called all those 4 schools listed in my mail. Nobody is giving me a clear statment. They are asking me to come in Mar or Apr to discuss about the admission, and seems, only if there's is vacancy they will consider mine. According to some of the replies which they gave me, there's is compulsory 2nd and 3rd lang in these schools. Only 3rd lang is taught at the beginners level. I have a doubt ? Can we take both 2nd and 3rd lang as Tamil ? All these schools are offering Tamil/Hindi/Sanskirt as their 2nd and 3rd lang. I doubt, whether 2nd lang itself is taught at the beginners level, and the least is these ppl are in such a hurry that they don't even want to talk to me clearly. They all hv a recorded statement like "come in person, then we'll talk to you", and they are asking me to come in Mar or Apr to discuss. Will this not be too late for admission ??
    In US, things are not like this, especially when it comes to school, they'll expalin things so clearly and patiently, and no school refuses admission. Its against law here. Only in India things are always different.

Bye
    Geetha:-(

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi geetha, i know it happens only in india. in gulf all children have to be given a seat in one of the schools attached to the indian embassy.

The music played by all the schools is the same. what i would suggest is you ask your person in chennai to pick up the application forms for all these schools. there are lot of anglo-indian schools in purasai area. just ask your people to get in touch with parents of other children in the neighbourhood. you will get a idea.

In march/April is ok. mostly in senior classes, you know the children who are taking their tc only by march...so the vacancy becomes clear. and also when you come down you can put your case across the table to the person concerned and take a decision then and there.

Yes from 5th there is 2nd and 3rd language. you cant take the same language as 2nd and 3rd. my daughter has taken french as 2nd and hindi as 3rd.

In some schools hindi is made compulsory to be taken either as 2nd or 3rd. Since sanskrit is mostly offered only from the 5th. i assume it will be thought from beginning level....It is a risk we have to take....
    I was given option of teaching second language separately outside also by some schools.
    but have a talk with your child and let him be prepared.

3. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Hi,

Read all the mails . As always this has been a very useful forum. I am shifting from Sharjah to chennai. We are planning for a initial visiting in the next week.Can you please suggest that in the schools whom should we meet and do we have to fix an appointment in prior?Thank you.

Yours
    Akalya

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hI akalya,

Looks like you are using the eid holidays for the first round. so it depends on which area you want to settle. and yes it is better that you call up and ask for a appointment. as some of the schools may be having dussehra holidays next week.....

5. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi geetha
    PRO is the contact person of the school..all the school sites will be havind a mail addr..U can mail them for clarification
    Reg pSBB school
    Languages offered
    • Std. I to Std III - Hindi or Tamil as 2nd language
    • Std IV to Std X - Hindi, Tamil or Sanskrit as 2nd language
    • Std. VI to Std VIII - Hindi, Tamil or Sanskrit as 3rd language.
    Please note:
    • <LI class=style7>Hindi is compulsory as either a 2nd language or 3rd language.
    • Those who take particular language as 2nd language in Std IV and Std V are advised to maintain the same as
      2nd language upto Std X for continuity.
    Likewise search for the sylabbus of the school u r goin to put u'r kid in..
    Getting admsn in indian schools is veryyyyyy tuf..They will not give u a positive reply...They will alwyas say"Reg availability,u'r child willl be admitted in our school"
    I think they will be conducting entrance tests too.so its better if u have a strong recommendation..
    Cheers
    Ramya

6. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Thx for your updates.
    Oh..ok..
    Does second lang starts only at the 4th grade level ?
    Now, my son is going to tamil class here (he's still at the beginners level only).. he can neither talk/write tamil...just started to learn...a very very lonnnng way to go..all the schools are asking me to come in mar or apr to enquire abt the admission...

as far as second lang is concerned, I think, I shld put him in Tamil and the third lang as Sanskrit...do you think this will work out ??

by the by, do you have the website name to scan thru the CBSE syllabus ?

bye ramya
    geetha

7. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Hi shanthi,

I'm totally confused now...
    I have no choice for 2nd lang..he has to take only tamil...

do you know any site where I can preview 6th grade tamil syllabus for CBSE ?

i spent almost 3hrs browsing over these CBSE school syllabus..

"oru mannum puriyallai"

now, i shld make my thoughts clear..

2nd lang tamil and 3rd lang sanskrit or hindi

now, i shld scan thru the tamil syllabus, to have some knowledge how it's going to look like..

thx for your posting
    bye
    geetha:?

8. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thank you so much for your details.We will definetly approah the schools as you said.

Yours
    Akalya

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi akalya,

You are welcome. all the best...:thumbsup

10. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Matriculation syllabus

Hi all,

Recently I read in a newspaper that matriculation syllabus is going to undergo a major transition. Can anybody give me some more details about it ? how about tamil syllabus ? is it going to remain as it is or likely to be changed ?.

Can anybody tell me where I can find CBSE tamil syllabus too ?

Note : Thank you Shanti, for replying to all my queries. Its nice to see someone like you who actively participates in all the postings and trying to give your best soultion to everybody. Good job :clap. Keep it up.

bye
    geetha:wave