1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best sippy cup for a 1 year old to drink milk from?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by shilpaus, Nov 14, 2010.

1. shilpaus

shilpaus New IL'ite

It should be easy to clean and have a valve to control the flow and have screw top lid
    Any suggestions? I find the plastic valves on the Nuby very difficult to clean

Also how do you mommies carry whole milk for your toddler when you travel ?
    Are small packs of whole milk available?

2. juana

juana Bronze IL'ite

Try tupperware baby and kids collection.

3. ak_nilu

ak_nilu New IL'ite

Nuby is best....it doesn't spill even a bit.....until ur baby sips for milk....i use it :)..hope it wrks for you too....

4. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

I use the playtex sippy cups with valves. The sippy cups (along with the valves) can be cleaned in a dishwasher. It is easy to clean even by hand. Since, my baby is formula-fed, I had to clean bottles/cups since the beginning, so this is most boring part of my day. But, I am happy with the playtex cups. See the link below.
    I am not sure if it will be useful for your 1 yr old as well, if not, you can try the next level.
    Also, it does not leak AT ALL, and very easy to hold. DD has been using it since she was 5 months old, and she has been holding the cup since then :)

Playtex 2 Pack The First Sipster Trainers Pack 7 oz. - Playtex - Babies "R" Us

There are travel packs available for whole milk, which does NOT require refrigeration. I do not know what they are called though. Maybe you can check at babiesrus. Another option I use (my baby is not on whole milk yet) is I buy disposable cups (easily available in walmart), and you can carry milk in a travel thermos.

Hope this helps..

5. shilpaus

shilpaus New IL'ite

Thanks.I will try the next stage playtex sippy and also try carrying milk in a thermos