Shiv puja

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by kirti251, Mar 1, 2009.

1. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

HI ladies Kirti here .I'm confused here.In my daily routine i'm doing shiv pooja.Some people told me ladies have no permission to toch shiv linga & some people told ladies can do puja.I'm believing shiva.Every day after puja pray god & tell that if any mistake anything wrong please lead me on the true path.Ladies give me ur opinion.
    Kirti

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear krithi,
    so happy to note that you are doing Shiva pooja. people will always will confuse . propably because ladies have some troubles( you understand what i mean)they can not continuesly di the pooja. moreover for duing Abhishekam and all all the things should be pure. these things are not possible in our daily routine. nothing wrong in reciting slokas onLORD SHIVA daily. so you please specify what kind of pooja you are doing, if you want to.
    with love
    pad.

3. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Dear Padmini,
    Thanks for replying me.I'm doing jal abhishek on shiv pindi.I have pindi with shiv complete family which include parvati ma,nagdada,kartikey,ganesha & nandi & shiva in form of pindi.After abhishek i'm cleaning with good cloth & put 3 tilak of chandan on shiva & put abil,gulal,sindur.Here pusp not available so i'm not giving to god.I'm also doing puja of ambama & khodiyarma.Just wiping photo & putting tilak of kumkum.some body told me u can't touch shiva pindi that's correct please tell me,everyday after prayer i'm just praying god anything wrong please suggest right thing me god.Please reply me.Thanks.
    Kirti:coffee

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear krithi,
    got your reply. you can wipe the fotos of GODS, put kumkum, sandal but fordoing abhishekam you should be so pure and clean and you have to take the pooja from an Acharya. so better recite slokas on LORD SHIVA. that is enough. if you are not satisfied you can ask somebody.o.k,
    with love
    pad.

5. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for reply.
    Kirti.

6. sa2t

sa2t New IL'ite

padarsa linga

Hi

Can we keep Padarasa linga at home for pooja? If yes, what is the pooja procedure we need to follow. Thanks in advance

7. pandorabox

pandorabox New IL'ite

Nothing wrong in SHIV PUJA by a lady even during PERIOD.SHIV LINGA is not alone raher it is with YONI(SHIVA).IF there is SHIVA(YONI) then there is PERIOD also.PERIOD is not a curse/sin rather it is a sumbol of MAITHUNI SRISTI.