1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

awkwardness.. help me..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iamindisguise, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I do agree with Puni and Asuitablegirl.

Dont doubt ur MIL, she is mom of ur H. Mother is a great word dont even think like this. Even one of my friend used to talk like this, she is used to doubt her H and H's sister, I do no whether she is used to be like this right from her childhodd( as I know her only for 2 yrs).

Just dont think like this, as it will make u doubt everything around u and make u disturbed always.

2. Tanujam30

Tanujam30 Silver IL'ite

Its wierd that you are putting the blame of your DH's stupidity onto your MIL. MIL loses respect coz your DH isnt decent/mature enough to properly cover himself ????

What a world we are living in, what perverted thoughts !! I feel sad for your MIL whos coming to stay with you long term.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  3. amnice

amnice Bronze IL'ite

OP:: YOU ARE IMAGINING THINGS!!!!........Period!!!

There is no fault of your MIL. Absoulutely none whatsoever.
    Your dh should have dressed right or taken care of the slit. He was careless and see the consequences.......you are shifting the blame very conveniently on his mom.
    Stop this nonsense of fighting with him and next time make sure he is not wearing things which he cannot handle well. When I ask you to make sure, I mean talk to him about his way of dressing especially when there is someone around other than you both.
    May be, instead of lungi which he cannot keep intact he could go for pyjamas or shorts or sweat pants......whichever he is comfortable in. Atleast when there is someone in the house.

4. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

A mother will always be a mother to a son irrespective of the son's age.As ASG and Nandhshyam said it is something that struck the mind for five seconds and the mind didnot know what and how to react next .That's it.Give nice dose to ur hus for wandering like this and ask him to wear some bermudas or some night pants.Tear or burn those lungies.Warn him so strongly that if this happens next time then he might have to expect a strong fight from you.Don't bother ur heart and mind too much for this.Once a similar situation happened with my hus and I warned him like anything and he is very aware of my anger and automatically in his actions.

5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Shrividya. You said it correctly. An yellow tinted glass will make every thing look yellow. Here, OP has already derived a doubt of incest sort of stuff between her DH and MIL. Otherwise, why should a hug between a Mother and son should bother OP ?

I think, OP should throw out such incest doubts, for her own goodness. Even , unknowingly , if she manifests this doubt to her DH, he may get so enraged, that he may even throw her(wife) out. No husband is going to forgive his wife, who developed doubts about an ongoing incest between him and his mother.

6. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

You are NOT wrong, Rose. The OP did develop a perverted thought..............the perversion of imagining a filthy stuff between a mother and son. I would like to say............this OP needs to be condemned for imagining such perverted things.

Will she ever forgive a person, who suspects a incest bond between her and her son, in future ?

7. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

I want to be honest. Reading everyone's glowing praise of mothers in general bothers me.

In the past, when my mil was interested in my DH and my sex life, used to pack his clothes including chaddis and commenting on the different colored stains on them, and gave me great detail about how she raised a virgin boy and how she admired her son's good looks, I used to feel creeped out. All of this is in direct contrast to her disdain and disregard for her own husband who I would say my DH looks like. I still feel creeped out but not as much as before when she emphasizes my BIL's, or my DH good looks.

This is because, I am now a mom to a boy and I love him more than life or anything else on the planet. I can now imagine how I could easily become obsessed if I don't watch myself. Now I give my MIL a little more leeway, thinking that she did not have as many resources as I do to catch myself from obsessing.

I agree that motherhood is a wonderful state and that mothers should be above reproach but only mostly. I know this is a controversial statement I am going to make but I will do it anyway - There are some mothers (indian and otherwise) who are repressed sexually and sublimate their desires by smothering their sons.

Their husbands did not make an emotional unit with them and so they are left trying to fill the emptiness by devoting themselves to thier sons. Devotion is not at all a bad thing except when it actually interferes with their sons becoming independent, marrying someone and starting a family unit of their own.

The moms resent the new women in their sons' lives and get disappointed when they realize they have to share the 'number 1 woman' role in son's life. The moms probably don't even realize why they feel like this - why they are jealous of their DIL etc. Some moms do act pervertedly and many do it without fully understanding that what they are doing is inappropriate.

So, back to the topic - Iamindisguise, from what you are saying, it sounds like your MIL may have checked to see if your DH was indeed not wearing anything inside. This is the one time right? Also, hugging her son is NOT WRONG! You will know when you are a mom that you will be happy to get a hug from your child no matter how old they are.

I agree with everyone, that your DH is old enough to know how to dress in company and to close the door when he is changing clothes. Next time, he will know better hopefully.

8. payalg

payalg New IL'ite

It is awkward, you are right - your husband needs to cover his private parts.

I wont blame mother-in-law. If she sees it in front of her, its hard for her to ignore. Similar to a girl showing cleavage - hard for men to keep eyes off and can be embarrasing.

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Your husband should be blamed here.Why are you loosing respect for your MIL?:bonk

10. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite