Best school for +2

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Arabudupi, Nov 2, 2010.

1. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

thanks shanti for your wishes and my wishes too to your dd

yamuna

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you,Shanti for the info.My children have already finished.I just thought if I know,I can suggest to friends I know.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are welcome. i thought your son is working now and daughter is completing her degree am i wrong..it is always nice to be informed.

4. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Best of luck to you and do wish me the same arabudipi as i am siling in the same boat as u.:thumbsup

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Antu,

Don't worry, things always have a way of fixing themselves. right now be relaxed and keep the environment at home relaxed for your kid.

All the best to them.

6. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Arabudupi,

have you decided on the school for your son ? Can you give more details on the selection procedure?

Shanthi,

I think I should have posted here my query on 11th admission. now, continuing the discussion, which school according to you is good for 11th cbse ? I feel SBOA is not good enough, mainly due to the vast strength and the attitude and culture (of the students basically) which is quite bad now. So I would like to explore some really good school, with good moral values amongst children and good culture, ofcourse acadamically good, provided she gets admission. Can you name some ? I will have to try for their admission process on that

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Radhi,

I believe the school does not play much on the moral values of the child when the child is going to turn 16. i believe, there are certain things like peer pressure, behavorial changes that are bound to be experience..just being there as parents, and guiding them without actually making them feel that, and giving them a choice should do. (at the same time believe me i know of few schools which are rated the best, but the amount of stress, tension and also the other things that you have mentioned leaves me with a real sour taste in my mouth..)

but i have 2 nephews, 1 niece out of sboa and they have fared well. so other than the strength of the school there is nothing wrong about the school.

i would say go with the known element than changing to an unknown element at a crucial phase unless it is not avoidable as in the case of arabudupi,antu and even me.(my dd's school does not have 11th.)

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Thanks shanthi for the immediate response.

There is one more angle to it. My DD has opted for board exam. So as per DD (known thru her school teachers) , the school gives preference to children who write exams conduted by them and not board. Generally children who opted for board, are planning to switch from cbse to state board. My dd has opted as we were not sure of whether we will be continuing in chennai for the next academic year. So if we are continuing, then if she doesnt get admitted in sboa ( which Ifeel is very remote -but if they go by other criteria like opted for board, then I am not sure), then I need to think of some good schools, so thought of my preference, as I was all along harping on schools which have cultural values, like bharatiya vidya bhavan, chinmaya etc, in that list only I have mentioned, bala vidyamandir and vidya mandir. But I dont want to try psbb, as the feedbacks are not very encouraging.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Radhi,

Being upfront with the school, that you are anticipating a transfer and that is the reason for the taking the board exams will solve the problem.

i still say sboa is in par with the other schools you have mentioned. I strongly believe chinmaya at 11th is not going to instill much into them. i am sure as a mother such good cultural and relgious inputs from you in a systematic way will do wonders. your dd will follow you. maybe you think she is not, believe me when the need arises or a situation arises, she is going to surprise you.

so just forget the discipline and other things..talk to the school and have a relaxed exams with her.

10. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Thanks once again shanthi for the reassuring words.

In fact my dh is also not keen on shifting school as this will follow our shifting residence too. DD is game for anything, as anyway her friends all will get scattered now, with some going for other groups and some opting for state board etc. All along it was my worry, when I see other girls in the school, with huge attitudes and less moral values, I think it is a miracle, that she is no spoilt amidst being in such mix of children. So it was more of my wish to change , but she is quite happy with the school and her friends, with an attitude of agreeing to disagree on many issues (eg, being vegetarian, learning bharathanatyam , classical music etc, she is the odd one in all these amongst her group)

Let me relax now and think as and when time comes. Thanks once again