Cbse X

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Shanvy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yamuna,

My dd's school does not have 11th. so they have opted for board exams. so the sa1, sa2 and the board exams marks plus the FA will determine the grade.

I feel the kids are not even frogs something more worser than that...the confusions, the patterns, the projects, the assignments....:rant:rant.

apart from these they are supposed to submit certificates for extra curricular activities..

and there are meetings and meetings going on to tweak the new system, and i am really worried what will be the outcome..

2. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Re: Cbse schools -the new grading system

Dear shanthi,

such an informative thread, I dont know how I missed this school forum itself. I am also surprised to read that the certificate for extra curricular activities will have weightage in the final grades. How much weightage that has and how will that be converted to marks? For eg a student studying in a small school will have lot of certificates to produce, where as a school like SBOA, where there are about 10 sections with each section having 60 students, how can the students produce certificates for extra curricular activies. Surely majority will not have any certificates.

Also do you know when the final board exam start and when their exam ends?

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

radhi,

you are welcome to this thread radhi. you have a kid in 10th..??

the certificates need not be from the school. regarding school, they judge and mark from the participation.

the certificates can be from participation outside schools, ntse exams, sports, yoga, music.. like we submitted trinity college grade certificates, music lower and other certificates from school.

the exam time table will be out end november..and expected to be in the first week of march..

4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Thanks shanthi. Yes my dd is in 10th at SBOA. Unfortunately my dd doesnt have much certificates after we came to chennai. Earlier, when we were in mangalore, she had lot of certificates for various competitions participated. From 5th onwards she is in chennai and apart from the odd few NTSE , abacus certificates, she doesnt have any. Also, I think in 10th she has no certificates to show. Do they count certificates received when she studied in other standard or only during the academic year when she is in 10th? and how much weightage do these certificates hold? pl let me know

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Radhi,

I don't know how much weightage..it is just a small wee part..don't worry.

dd's schools holds on the spot speeches, on the spot essays, topic of the month for the formative assessment. 5 marks is for speech..the language, the confidence, the accuracy all together make 5 marks..(DS also has this...) so handwriting, neatness, everything adds to some 5/3 marks..

Oh i know radhi, dd has loads of certificates in other standards..but as to 9th/10th they have come down..i think the school takes care of the markings..though she has a few inter-school competitions participations...

i am sure sboa will have its own way of doing.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ok, the SA II to be conducted are of two types and since we are moving out of the present school my dd has opted for board conducted exams.

check out for more details here.
    http://www.cbse.nic.in/FAQ 08.11.10.pdf

(will keep people updated as i get some info..)

Ok, since there are quite a few of us who have kids in the 10th, should we have a separate thread to just discuss this year 10th and share some worksheets?? what do you all think..

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

shanthi,

good idea. you can start a new thread and merge these posts in that. By the way are you changing your dd to state board, which school is she now?

qn no 3 in FAQ is not clear. I dont intent to change from cbse for my dd in XI. But may change her school, if I am transfered or otherwise also. In that case should she opt for board?

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

radhee,

My DD's school does not have 11th this year or they are starting it this year..they have the required affliation but the required number of 15 students is not there.

I move to a cbse school in the same area.

yes, if you think your child may switch to a different school then you need to go for the board sa2 to be safer.

9. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

shanvy

its a good idea so that we can exchange w/s and other important messages so that it will help our ilite followers too

yamuna

10. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

yes Shanvy.. let us have a separate thread for queries/discussions on 10th std and related topics. :thumbsup