1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch at inlaws and parents.......do you see the difference???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by amnice, Nov 8, 2010.

1. amnice

amnice Bronze IL'ite

Belief or B*** S***........!!!!!....My foot!!!!!!...Stupidity at its heights!!!!!....:rant

Preethi, Please take care of your nutrition as Monita said it. We women need better health to take care of our children and our family. Let not your MIL's stupid belief ruin your health. Just ignore her and you assert your needs.
    Where is the necessity for you to starve like this when you have got everything needed to get good food for yourself?

My MIL is better than yours in this....LOL!!!
    For her it does not matter whether Gents or ladies. As long as I agree to cook, she does not mind whom I feed what......:biglaugh
    I dont know this mentality but as soon as she hears that I will be there she drops what she is doing in the kitchen and waits for me to finish it.
    Is this called love or taking advantage of the person???.......
    I fail to understand this mentality.....:hide:

You are indeed blessed Preet....Enjoy!!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Amnice,nicely written.
    The same thing happened to me during my visit.We used to stay in IL's house if i want to go to my house i have to prepare food for them & then only i have to leave.

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:bang Dil is not a servant or a maid

Easier said than done, when they are alone they can cook noodles, but when Dil is there, MUST cook the most tedious difficult ellaborately cooked dish. If Dil uses instant powders and mixes, then she is the bad or worst DIl who does not do any cooking at all. :notthatway:
    Agreed, MIl and Fil aged 49 and 58 act as if they are very old and cannot do anything themselves. health is perfect!! They always say we are old old and old. From when 49 and 58 is considered to be very old age?

Thanks monita, yes I plan to eat something in the evening hereafter at work itself. Normally I do not eat anything or even tea. Hereafter I should eat something.

Thanks amnice, should take care of health. This has been happening for long time now and I got iron deficiency resulting my periods come very often and long. Now, trying to eat properly in spite she saying that I am a bad DiL because I eat. Isn't it human to eat? :spin

4. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

My question is, what's your dearest husband doing when all this is happening? Sleeping?
    I mean how can one not notice the treatment given to other spouse.

5. vandannav

vandannav Senior IL'ite

Hi

Just thought of sharing this small incident happened couple of years ago when MIL was here ,one fine day i put milk in microwave and it went bad(broke),i told my dh no milk today for you,by that time my MIL already had her milk, the milk i wanted to give my dh went bad ...
    now my MIL asks me did you have milk,i said no,she says filter the broken milk add sugar and drink it......immediately i said 'why do i want this',what if the DIL says the same thing to MIL,how does she feel,what if i say the same thing to my SIL....how does my MIL feel.

Bye

6. amnice

amnice Bronze IL'ite

Yeah! Even I wonder that??? How can one be so oblivious of his/her spouse's situation???

Feel like giving her like that next time the milk goes bad. ........:rant:rant

7. preethiitech

No dear ladies, my Dh always speaks out and asks his mother why she give me such a treatment?!! For that she says, and acts that she is normal and she does not want to waste food etcetc. Never admits, finally she makes a long face and tries sympathy:bang Again she repeats the same thing over.

Yes, this happened to me once, they all drank nice milk and gave me broken milk because I wanted to drink coffee at 7 in the morning. She said it broken down because I dint get up at 5 and drink it, Meaning : I am getting up late :bonk( Mind it, I reached their house at midnight 2, then morning got up at 6, then take shower etc, and want coffee at 7. so I am very late)

Dh tries to do all the humanly possible things, make them understand, explain, and everything. They are so firm, Finally they plead sympathy that they are not doing it purposely and may be coincidence:rant

8. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Initial days of my marriage, lunch and dinner was a nightmare for me in my inlaws home.

MIL use to prepare curry's and vegies in more quantity so that it will remain for the next day, and we ladies (include's her to) have to finish the previous days left over before we go for the fresh one's, next day the same cycle continues, so I (we)never end up eating fresh food. Sometimes the previous days stuff will be suffieicent even for dinner to.

The point to be noted here is most of the food she wont even allow it to be refreigated coz it will loose its taste, in the end I will have to swallow rotten spoilt food that to when summer is peak in Andhra.

I use to suggest her that we can prepare in lesser quantity and for that pat come's the reply" May be in your parents house they cook in lesser quantities and eat only half stomach, but here we dont have such habit.

But now things are changed after I took charge of the kitchen, I see to it that all extra food is given to the maid and prepare fresh the next day.

Parents House: Food at my parents home is a real treat even today after 15 years of marriage.

9. preethiitech

:goodidea:

I am waiting for that fine day in my life!!

10. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Hmmm... I cannot say I have seen a big difference. When I got married, my mom-in-law would make all Palghat side dishes, and force me to eat them. She did not give me time to get used to them. So lunch was a nightmare then. But during my first visit, I slowly took over the cooking, and now we all enjoy it together. Lunch at mom's, special at times, usual food at times. Depends on how much time we have.. She prefers to make the food I like when I m there and the food my DH prefers if he is there. My mom-in-law will make the food my DH likes when we are there... no special treatment for me :(

These days, my mom-in-law has a cook, so she wont let me in the kitchen as she is worried that there wont be anything for the cook to do :rotflMom.... knows what I want to eat, and will make it before I can even get there...

Mythili