Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

hiii mami,

how is your mother? how are you? dont worry maami she will be fine

today i made kara kozhambu and pineapple gojju for lunch. yesterday i made 5 in 1 payasam and dal vadai and coconut rice . all dishes came out very well and all the praises go to you and you alone

thank you mami

warm regards
    deepa

2. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

hiiii mami

today i made uppadam and gajar halwa and brown stew for lunch all the dishes came out really realy well - its the first time in my life that ive made gajar halwa and my mom liked it very much. mama like uppadam and maami liked the brown stew.

i tried a raitha which i conjured up with kothamalli and cucumber that too came out very well - i ground kothamalli, green chillies and coconut into a thick paste and gave a tempering of chana dal, udad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red mirchi . to this i added cucumber pieces and salt. amma liked it very much.

thank you maami for generating an interest in cooking in me. amma is really surprised that i make something different for lunch and dinner every day. she has asked me to say a special thanks to you.

warm regards
    deepa

3. shobana sridhar

shobana sridhar Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra

How is your mom? I will pray for her speedy recovery . you take care of yourself also

with lots of love
    shoba

4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

Hope amma is doing well...!

Belated Deepavali wishes to you and yours. My bakshanam list is as below:

Maladdu - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-step-photos-sweets-sugar-10.html#post1465112
    Cashew-fig sandwich burfi - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-step-photos-sweets-sugar-10.html#post1468745 - Used your Kaju katli recipe instead of almond-katli as I didn't get liquid glucose.
    Muthusaram - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/566-tasty-tiffins-tastier-snacks-21.html#post446010
    Vellayappam - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/566-tasty-tiffins-tastier-snacks-16.html#post21735

Regards
    Gayathri.

5. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi madam,

Belated diwali wishes, hope mother is recovering well.

I made carrot cheese paratha with capsicum raitha. it was very tasty. will write to you in detail later about my diwali dinner party.

regards

sundari bhaskar

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  6. umaanandkumar

umaanandkumar New IL'ite

dear chitra madam, :bonk

hope u r feeling better now.

i would like to know what are the dishes we make during devasam and how they are made.

thank you in advance for your reply

uma

7. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

Made Flax seed Spicy Podi - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/1200907-post32.html - yesterday. It is a great way to have flax seeds and sure will be a repeat!!! Many thanks for this idea.

I toasted it in a kadai, but the flax seed started popping vigorously, scattering all around and then I transfered it to a pressure pan( tall vessel ) and was able to minimise cleanup. So, I guess flax seed needs to be toasted in a tall vessel.

-G

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I returned last night from Madurai.

There is no change in amma’s condition and I had no heart to leave her and come back. But she insisted that my call of duty is here since V did not come with me, old-timer that she is. I am equally so, is besides the point.

My younger sister Durga & family live with her & take the best care of her. Your prayers have all helped her to the extent that she is pain-free (atleast she claims so, being non-fussy!), but has breathing difficulty, wheezing and is totally exhausted. Her parameters are not steady; so she is continuously on oxygen and intra venous drip of saline & medicines.
    She is an ardent believer in Vishnu Sahasranamam. So the same in CD & Jagjit Singh’s CD Jai jai maa are continuously played in her room. She is very alert, but her voice is so feeble.
    Now my only prayer is, she should not suffer much physically – that makes us feel helpless. But she is at peace with herself & that is a blessing.
    Love,
    C.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mam,

Hugs to you. it is difficult seeing them suffer..i wish her peace and pray for whatever is the best for her, he knows the best..Pray for strength to all of you..

10. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Welcome back Chitra Mami,

I was thinking about you only all this time because there was no update on your amma's health.

All will be well Mami. She will be fine. God is there and he knows what is right for us.

You take care. all our prayers are with you.