1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

laser treatment for eyes..suggestion needed

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Huma, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi

i am thinking of having laser treatment on my eyes because i am fed up with glasses and my eyesight aren't going to improve.

i would like to know if you..illites have done this..
    could the eyesight will be better?
    where in india can i have this operation? maybe in hyderabad...where?

i am also afraid because one person who i know had died having done this...

thanks
    take care

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi huma,

When you go to hyderabad try to find out in this hospital. I know they do a good job there. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences - Profile

I also wanted to get it done but never got it done. I will probably get it done here in US sometime in the future.

However, you may also want to find out from other Ilites who got it done in hyd or elsewhere so, you can get more information about it.

3. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

thanks for ur reply madhu

take care:wave

4. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Hi Huma,

I had LASIK done about 4 years ago here in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>US</st1:place></st1:country-region>. One thing that you must do is talk to your ophthalmologist to see if you are a candidate to get this surgery done. There may be health conditions or other limitations like your age or prescription of glasses that may not allow you to go through this.

If you have been getting your yearly eye check-ups and the numbers have changed in the last three years, then you may want to hold off until your numbers have become stable. Otherwise, you will get your vision corrected and then your eyes still go under changes and you end up with glasses/lenses again.

There is a lot of information out on the net that you should research into before making any decisions with your doctor. Here are a couple of references that I just searched up but you should google for more.

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/lasik/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LASIK

Also, I don’t think this procedure is life threatening like in the case you mentioned. However, there can be some complications in exception cases. Again, best is to talk to your doctor and get the right info from him/her.

From my experience, this procedure is the best thing that I have done for myself. However, my stigmatism has returned and so that is making my vision a little blurred. Other than that, most people (including me) complain about glare problems at night, especially while driving.

I hope this helps! I don’t know anything about places in <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> where you can get this but I am sure someone on IL knows.

Vib

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Huma,
    Lasik Laser is the best thing that i did.Its absolutely safe.I did in Aravindh Hospital,Madurai,Tamil Nadu.After 4 yrs the sight is good.Its painless.Go ahead.
    Bye,
    Supriya

6. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi desidiva and supriya

thank u very much

take care:wave

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Huma,

It is also important to know for how many years the Lasik treatment has been effective in people. For some, their myopia returns after an interval of 4-5 years. Four years back an eye doctor in Chennai was telling me that since he had no data as to the effectiveness in terms of years, he would not suggest it, unless one is very particular about going in for the treatment. But these days Lasik is very popular in India and the US.

8. Preeramanan

Preeramanan New IL'ite

hi huma,

i underwent lasik treatment in bangalore (Narayana Nethralaya hospital) just few days back. i am finding a very good improvement in my vision.

before the sugery, u have to undergo a series of tests based on which the doc will advise whether u r eligible for the operation. the operation will take 10 -15 min and u are sent home after about half an hour. u can start your office work after 3-4 days. but one thing, u should make sure water does not enter your eyes for a week to 10 days for which you should wipe your face with a wet tissue or a wet towel and u should not wash you hair for 10 days.

u have to use some lubricant eye drops for 2 months. till now, i have no complaints.

regards,

preethi

9. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Huma,
    My Husband got his lasik surgery done this feb. Its the best thing that we did for him. The surgery takes just 15 minutes. I have stood n seen the surgery myself. They just reshapr the cornea. The first two days are uncomfortable, with pain and burning sensation in the eyes. No water sports allowed for three months, and no water is to be splashed into the eyes for the same duration as well. A sterile drop is to be used for the first three months, after that its absolutely fine. But as mentioned please consult your doctor he will be best to guide you.We got it done in calcutta. Its not very expensive either.all the best.

10. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

hi Huma,

Do not worry. These days it is quite common to do laser treatment for the eyes. My hubby had this thing done before 9 years and his eye sight is good without specs. He did it in chennai. If you think you are going to do in chennai and need details, i will surely help you.

May be the person whom you are talking about died of some other reason. So dont worry.

As others said, the doctor is the best person who suggest you whether you are eligible to take it. So Pray God for the treatment and for soon recovery.