1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can a HOUSEWIFE be inspiration/role model to others??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abc00, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Shirdi123

Shirdi123 New IL'ite

A good thought. :thumbsup

2. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

Kudos for putting up your thoughts i have just gone through the same transformation as your .Being busy working women to a not much appreciated ,complimented & rewarded housewife.But now i have overcome this challenge of life and i feel more beautiful and more rewarding than ever.We both share exactly same story .

Way to go girl ....

3. vijikrishna

vijikrishna New IL'ite

Hats off to your attitude..I am also a house wife .. NO HOME MAKER..this job is tougher than any other job. Like you are responsible for your kids growth. My husband wanted me to continue my studies & go for work. But I choose to be a Home Maker. I wanted my kids to grow in a nice comfortable home .... when they come home from school their mother will receive them with nice snacks with love & also take care care of them in their school work & spend time with them by sharing what all happened in their school . This helps in becoming closer to your child like friend. I am a successful Home maker & now my kids are well settled in life .I am proud of my family .Working women out of necessity going for work is natural & they should spend quality time with their kids.HOME MAKER job is also good responsible job :)

4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Abc,

Very inspiring and thoughtful post. Congratulations on winning the finest narration.You deserve it :cheers

5. Senthaj

Senthaj New IL'ite

Hey..this post was really inspiring dear. When i read this felt so happy and a kind of energy booster u know.

Keep writing more. Yeah as u said housewives are not less. No need of any comparision.

Its basically our attitude which decides what we are and how we should carry ourselves. The more positive we think about ourselves...the more we are groomed and grow.

It really works out and brings a great change in us always.

I've read in a book called "The power of Subconscious Mind" - so whenever i feel down...i start speaking to my subconscious mind and it has really worked for me. Its the same as what u've described here.

6. punitapurva

punitapurva New IL'ite

hi, I am an housewife out of choice. Initially I was very frustrated but then life brings lots of joy in the form of family get togethers, children, festivals, parties, shopping, hobbies ..... the list is endless.
    Ladies the biggest asset thats time is with you and only u. Value it the most and enjoy life.

7. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Very well written :)

8. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

my mother and maternal grandmothers hated being house wives. paternal grandmother even though house wife, widowed and had her own small business. none of my aunts in native village are real house wives they worked in rice fields and took care of cattle. After we left house, mother since her late 40s is frustrated and depressed as she built her whole life around us. It great when kids are young but not when they are grownup unless we can find other alternatives. If we can say, this is what I want my daughter or son to be, then we can accept that house wife can be inspiration and role model.

9. Mom2499

Mom2499 Senior IL'ite

To the question, "Can a housewife be an inspiration to others?"

Absolutely!!!

If she is confident of what she does and is focused on her family, husband and kids. And if what others think of her and say of her does not bother her. Then indeed she will be a role model and other's will definitely envy this individual since they don't get how she has it all together in this materialistic world.:drowning She should be also humble to help others.

It is contentment along with confidence which will be a rare quality for homemaker's.:thumbsup

sindmani likes this.
  10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i agree with billybob on this.

i believe if you have had a formal education then you should make use of it. otheriwse its a criminal waste of resourses.

i have slogged and spent 8 long yrs of my youth studying. and wouldnt want to waste all the effort and pains that not only i but also my parents have put in towards educating me.