Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Latha,

Welcome....2 things in ur snippet caught my eye...Cluny convent...i was a resident of malleswaram and myfriends did go there and my daughter also started her schooling there some 15 years ago...then Bharatanatyam dancer...i am one too and still teaching! So who was your guru in india?
    Anyway a very interesting and interactive site ,so stay tuned...

2. lkishore

lkishore New IL'ite

Hi

Hi Sudha,

It is indeed a small world out there.

I learnt dance from Padmini Ravi while I was in India. I dont keep in touch with her, but I do know that she is involved in many activities around Bangalore and is part of the Bangalore Habba organizers.

Here, I have learnt dance from two different people. In fact still learning from one of them. The pros of being in the US is that you get a lot more exposure to various dance forms and get to see accomplished people who perform all over the world. But the cons are that unfortunately, the Bharatnatyam taught here is more diluted and more a avant garde form rather than the pure form taught in India. People are more interested in performing on stage as soon as possible rather than learning the actual dance and its nauances.

Anyways, nice to meet you. This site is very interesting and I will probably find a little more time over the weekend in browsing through.

Thanks,
    Latha

3. preet663

preet663 New IL'ite

who am I?

Hello friends,

I have just joined this site. And hope to get useful things from it. I am a married with two kids 1 boy and 1 girl. I am a home maker. I do really want to work from home but not yet started anything. I live in Bangkok, Thailand.

I really like this site as we get to know each other and can share alot. If there is any good job that I can do from home or as a part time it from 9 am - 2 pm. Please do tell me.

Keep in touch.

Bye for now.

Preet

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  4. Astrologer_1950

Astrologer_1950 New IL'ite

Astrology, Palmistry, Numberalogy, Gems, Vastu

Dear Ladies,

I m a bank off having intrest in Astrology, Palmistry, Numberalogy, Gems,Vastu & it is my free service to all. U may be having any kind of problem or wants to know ur lifes general predictions, u may send me ur full details as u may having any obstacle in marrige, job, kids, business not flourishing, having any kind of family problems.

I will suggest u self treatments to solve all with no cost. Also I can suggest u Gems to wear to solve ur daily life problems free of of cost as it is my hobby only, I m not proffesional.

Note: You can exchange your queries regarding astrological predictions / solutions in this thread.
    Please be aware exchanging your personal details are at your own risk. Do it via private messaging between you and astrologer, NO exchanging personal information (or) contact details like email id, phone numbers over the public forum in the site. - The IndusLadies Team

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2006
  5. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

I'm Vidya and I was born in Trichy, Tamilnadu. I grew up in Bangalore and Trichy and feel at home in both places. I'm happily married to my childhood sweetheart and currently live and work in Philadelphia. By profession I'm an IT executive and get great satisfaction from my work.

I'm a spiritual person and derive sustenance from my faith in God. I'm interested in music (mainly devotional) but I often find myself enjoying numbers from my husband's heavy metal and rap collection ;-). I also like tending to my little flower garden and having long conversations with my friends over tea. I love warm weather and am not too fond of the cold winter. I am glad to have come across IndusLadies and look forward to brightening each others' lives through this forum.

6. prathima pokuri

prathima pokuri New IL'ite

Hai everybody

i am prathima now from chennai.my native is andhra.hope i will get a lot of friends.
    prathima

7. Pravina

Pravina New IL'ite

Hello Prathima

Hello Prathima,

I am sure you will make a lot of friends as i can see that a lot of members are from Chennai. I reside in the uk. It is interesting to read all articles in the forums.keep in touch
    warm regards
    Pravina

8. akhil2

akhil2 New IL'ite

hi,

My name is Revathy. I did my BE in EEE in bangalore. my parents are in bangalore. i came to US after my marriage in the year 2000 to an software professional. my inlaws live in guntur andhra pradesh.
    i am ofcourse like most of them an home maker. i pass time mostly by browsing on the net. i love cooking. i love north indian recipes. if i get an opportunity i would like to go for job. i would also like to work from home.

9. jayachitra

jayachitra New IL'ite

Hi from Malaysia

Hi I am Jayachitra and I am a Malaysian married to an Indian. I have a 3 month old son and I am also a freelance writer. Prior to my marriage I was running my own event management and public relations company in Malaysia. I had to give it up to move with my husband. It is ok because as a freelance writer I have the freedom to do what i want at my own space and spend time with my son and husband and make some money :) I will start my company once my son is older.

I love making friends and having good conversations. I am very opinionated and am considered a bit of a radical because of my sometimes unconventional ways. I came across this site by chance and I kind of like at what I am seeing.

10. sowmya

sowmya New IL'ite

looking for a perfecthand of friendship

:wave hello every body,
    i am sowmya, we resently mooved to us from bangalole,karnataka.
    while searching something luckilly i got this site, i am feeling some what secure leaving faraway from our country.
    here for each and every thing i am comparing with my motherland,and i am feeling bore here. Actually i am an engineer i left the job and joined my husbend here, he is an softwareengg in wipro.
    i want some friends who r near to me so that i can learn some thing about this american culture and food receipes.
    :oops: for me it is very difficult to leave with out parent &friends.
    please help me
    thaku friends,
    sowmya

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.