1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do I wear a Duppatta?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by ksjusha0930, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ksjusha0930

ksjusha0930 New IL'ite

I will preface my message by stating I am not S. Asian, but I agreed to a Hindu wedding because it was so important to my fiance and his family. It has been a very fun, rewarding experience and I love them all....

I just have no idea how to wear the dupatta that came with my dress. Everytime I search it shows the pakistani way but in the [ictures of the dress it is supposed ot be more fo a wrap.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010

2. simrannkaur

simrannkaur New IL'ite

Hi,

First of all heartiest congratulations, Wish you a very happy married life ahead.

Regarding wearing a dupatta on the wedding day, you need to cover your head. You will need alot of pins to hold the dupatta. I have no idea how your duppata is. Is it with lot of embroidery work? If you would have posted the picture of your dress it would be easy to guide.

pleat your dupatta like you pleat your saree. pin it on your shoulder such that half in front of you and the other half leave it behind. The front part hold one end and pin it in front side on the other shoulder. Then form a Vshape on the front side and fix it with the help of pins, such that your front side is neatly covered. Now the back side. exactly the same way as you did it on the front side but the centre of the duppatta should fall on your head.fix it using hair pins. This drapping will look good if you are wearing a punjabi suit and your duppatta is really very heavy with embroidery.

If you are wearing a saree and a duppatta then its very simple just hold it at the centre and fix it on the head and you can leave the rest of the duappatta behind. This is mainly to cover the head.