1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Activities for 1 yr old to SPEND energy

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sumanr, Oct 27, 2010.

1. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Yeah Poornima,

I forgot in my post. DD plays catches with balls very well. She kisses the ball as in cricket and throws :). She watches tv very less and watches only cricket, may b got the idea from there.

Deepa.

2. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

wow deepa..cricket in one year...great!!!!!!!

we used to play with a big ball.

3. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

really funny to hear babychinnu's mom. Laya doesnt takes off batteries, but she unscrews everything from her creams to my stuff. today I gave her our plastic sugar bowl as I didnt get anything else handy in the kitchen. I thought she will use it as a rattle. But forgot to realise she is bigger now, within no time whole sugar was on the floor. she carefully opened the lid and turned it upside down :)

same here with dad going to office. as soon as he gets dressed she is around his legs asking to be picked up. She really feels bad if he goes without taking her.

I keep all the stuff away from the edges of the dressing table now. And those that are already on the floor are still there :) lazy me :)

4. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Yeah Poornima,

We too are surprised!!! We tested many times and came to a conclusion that she loves to watch cricket. If v put other channels, she imm. goes away from tv. and if v put cricket, she watches vry concentratedly for atleast 5 mins.

Rekha, so lotsssss of work to you today right!!!

Today, one funny thing happened. In a movie a dog scene is coming. I showed her saying "See dog, See dog". She watched and aftr the scene is over she shouted like anything seeing at the tv and me. From whre will I bring it again?:hide: Finally I diverted her by taking her into our balcony.

Deepa.

5. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

welcome welcome Pon n deepa... lol...
    Pon about the carton boxes... i cannot DARE throw away our shoe/toy/whatever boxes... she keeps a count and if her boxes are missing she scolds :D... ya she scolds us now .. like addodadnadlas dapeaealdpaaaadpapa?? in LOUD voices

this was her fav game sometime back...those big cartons that these packers movers use... she uses them as tunnels to dig into... sits inside and does peek-a-boo

Deepa, the batteries.. yes mine is just like urs,,, batteries go missing so often, initially she used to "taste" them.. but now she knows that batteries are supposed to be there for her to use the remote.... so she unplugs em and puts them back n uses the tv remote to switch the TV on/of... on off on off on off n it goes on!

about the grocery store... that reminded me of wat happened yesterday.. usually we just make her sit in the shopping cart.... i fret wat wld happen if she were running around in the store.....but yesterday DH said lesse, lets put her down... she went running around gathering what not from the racks.... n dumping in the basket.. probably just mimicing wat others were doing... wen we reached the billing counter, i had to put back all that stuff that DD had stacked in the cart

the ONLY thing that saves my life is parks n lawns, we play ball, yoyo, play in the sand, she looks at the other toddlers/kids and mimics them... so i got her a sand play set

7. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

ha ha scolding :) DD does that when dad comes back from office, everyday :--)

two videos my little one likes, these are in malayalam, but anyone can watch. Actually one of my tamil friends showed me this as his daughter's favourite. the graphics are not that great but somehow my DD giggles a lot on this first one.

YouTube - Midumidukkan

YouTube - Kiyam Kiyam...

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

wowwww... girls, so nice to hear your LOs styles and nataks haan.. this is so refreshign to read.. that I am done with that stage :)) I miss those times so much!

BTW, the pics of Laya and Z lying on their dad's shoulder as a month old infant and lil V lying on his tummy on the bed with big sis is still fresh in my mind.. these kids grow up so fast you know.. my then super active (he still is) toddler thinks he is all grown up now and takes the liberty to question me, comment on me and his daddy, instruct us, hug me when I shed a tear and cuddle with me all night knowing I need him so much :)) sometimes I do feel I dont want him to grow up so fast.. but ALAS their innocence lasts only so much (especially current generation kids) so enjoy with your LOs girls.. I will be hang in here to hear your unending surprises with your toddlers..

9. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi Poonam,

Oh Zoey is running by now :). Great yaar!! Good that she understood the importance of battery in remote. Really kids are too smart these days :).

My Doyel is walking slowly as of now as i m putting her socks daily and as the surface is soft, she is falling and she is walking slowly :).

Thanks for the videos Rekha and tranquility

Deepa.

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

When my son was around that age and I was not working that time.
    So in the evenings, I will take all the pillows available and make a Big mountain out of them with many pillows around them to take the fall.

I kept in the bedroom where it is carpeted.

He used to enjoy climbing and getting down on it for hours

Another I suppose all kids love is the tent.
    I used to arrange four dining chairs and put a big blanket around it.

He used to play inside it while I am cooking