1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Activities for 1 yr old to SPEND energy

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sumanr, Oct 27, 2010.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi girls

I am not able to think of activities for my 1year old super active, hyper girl.

1. I have some board books of fruits, veggies etc ...which we go through before sleep. Anything else in books?

2. She comes to me when I am working and I show her dogs, cats etc on the laptop ....she screams with joy. I also show kids singing, nursery rhyme ....Anything else?

3. Give me links of some activity that I can make her do so that she gets physically tired and sleeps off .......please .........:hide:

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

ahhahahhaahha ramya u cracked me up... and i thought i was the only one "blessed" with super active super hyper girl!
    the ONLY thing works for us is the park.. we have lots of lawns n parks in the township i stay... so she goes out on her cycle, then u set her free in the lawn, she walks n walks n talks n talks, plays with the balloutside.. tries to run, calls out at everyone n anyone passing by.

then wen at home, i take her walkinig in the corridor, with her pull along tortoise toy...
    [​IMG]

we hv this cycle for Zoey
    https://www.ticyclesindia.com/Product-Features.asp?pid=261

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Ramya, you are sooo trying your best girl, hugs to you.. mine was the same super active fella.. I know what it means to put such LOs to sleep..

you can get more board books on birds, animals, vehicles, things, etc.. also those touch and feel books will be exciting.. like Z's tricycle we got one for my little nephew who is the same age as your lil A and Z too.. he goes rounds and rounds in that tricycle (with mommy's help ofcourse!) in the car parking area.. I am sure in the location you live, you might not have easy access to parks or lawn nearby especially in the nights.. but if you have a courtyard or a car parking area, clear some space for her and let her spend some time there, walking, running, cycling, etc.. that night breeze might help her soothe.. thats one way they exert energy.. if you can go for a wlak with her on the cycle after her dinner, nothing like that at the end of the day. on the laptop, show her some animations on starfall.com, youtube.. she may not understand but she will still love it..

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks ladies.

1. I have atleast 5-6 pull along toys, but she NEVER pulls them along..... she will only lift the rope and throw the toy with a bang, turn it upside down, if possible remove the batteries etc and taste it .... when she has done the damage, she will leave the place....all these in 2 min.

2. She still cannot walk on her own and I do not have access to parks, but I do have a decent car-park. I will definitely try the tricycle .....

3. Animations??? Some links please ..

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

ramya have u tried musical keyboards, play guitars? we have a few n she enjoys them... thats another story that she has already broken 2 of them....

we got her slate n pen which she enjoys to write with...scribbles with chalk......
    wen u visit my home, my kitchen is a MESS with all the vessels out n banged...the living room is a mess... the cupboards are opened and all clothes unfolded... :)..... all the shoes out of the shoerack....:clap.... nowa days her latest fun game is stackers, links, blocks... since she can stack them link them well, she is finally enjoying them.:hide: but in the few hours i spend with her after coming from office n before going to bed, i am EXHAUSTED

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  7. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

hehe it is funny. actually more than physically active, she is hyper talkative. at the daycare they were telling she is non-stop. Well, I am pleased she is after me in this.

My cupboards, kitchen, living room are the same Poonam. Some nights I dont bother to arrange her toys in the living room. Why bother if I have to clean it up again :)

Ramya, i have found something to spend her energy. I stack pillows and let her go over and across it. Sometimes I myself lay on bed and she is doing this over me. I also cannot go outside as it is very cold here.

8. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

LOL LOL LOL :rotfl
    Can I join the club??? Only consoling thing that I have right now is, my darling DD :D She makes all those monkey faces and poses, DS tries all of them and they both giggle together :) This is the ONLY time i get, to finish my rest room chores! Otherwise our house is ditto as you all, many days, DH does this long jump/high jump, to get in home, i carefully take away all DD's and DH's tiffin boxes and spoons and keep them on top. Otherwise my mornings are super mad. I always swear by those carton boxes, thick ones, which they can bang on, climb up and down, place all things on them, dragging them, what not! DS's fav are cartons recently, dono for how long:bonk

9. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi gals,

Me too joining the club. My DD is also a hyper active super active kid. All her toys are placed in a bag which I need to rearrange minimum 5-6 times a day. All thosee big bagged toys are now old to her. She plays with real items and sumanr as your DD my DD is also intersted to take out batteries, dont know what is their interest :)

Now she is interested in pulling out my kitchen utensils and enjoys the sounds of big plates and glasses banged on the floor. :bonkShe is able to get to the height of our dining table and she is trying to pull the cloth on it. :hide:After her games are over in one room she moves on to other. She goes to our bedroom and pulls all the items on the dressing table. :spin

So lots offf work to me now a days. When I opn the fridge, she throws a ball into it. Touches cold things and gets excited, poor li'l one:).

And when her dad changes dress to go out, she doesnt care of anything else. DH should take her with him, thats it. Otherwise she shouts like anything. While going to office, he takes her to the end of the street and brings her back and then he goes to office. :biglaugh

I sometimes takes her to park and also to shop some groceries. One day she throwed nuts packet at the store and it broke. Somehow its not charged for us. :) So these days becoming difficult to control her and not going out much.

She plays with neighbors kids. Soooooooo much to say gals.....We ll open another thread for this :)

Deepa.

10. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

we are sailing in the same boat :thumbsup

try lot of picture books,blocks.sometimes i will play ball game with her since we cant go out of home due to winter. please suggest me any indoor ideas ladies.