1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

need less time consuming breakfast ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by cinderella06, Oct 14, 2010.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Does the oats/cereal keep the stomach full??Wont we feel hungry after an hour of consuming breakfast?

2. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

easy breakfast is oats or cornflakes in boiled milk .its very fast and easy.

one more option is if you have rice left in the night or if you cook more rice in the night. put more milk and some curd to teh rice and mix well.This is just like how we make curd with milk

Mix the curd rice, green chillies and salt and keep aside .heat oil. add mustard seeds , jeera and red chillies , ginger garlic paste and fry.add curry leaves. Add the mixed curd rice to this. breakfast is ready.

we can also use curd and rice seperately and mix in the morning ,if it is not possible to make curd rice. ingredients varies as per individaual interests.

this is a very old dish called Daddojanam will be used as prasadams also.

this can be tried once in a week. 5 mins to prepare

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  3. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

oats,cereal are not filling...also our taste buds are not accepting the plain oats..

i sometimes prepare oats upma..with veggis..they are healthy too..anyway i'm getting lots of ideas..thanks guys..:idea

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Oats is a good source of fiber and will keep you very full. I've tried this many times. Cereal not so much. Fruit/Whole wheat bread can help you feel full too and good source of fiber.

But I anyway dont like to have a "full" feeling in the morning. Lighter keeps me brisk during the morning.

My personal opinion is if I eat a typical (south)Indian breakfast, then I feel like sleeping after I eat it in the morning, LOL!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  5. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

If i have leftover curry, like potato curry,mixed vegetable or chole then i make a fillingfor bread sandwich, with a layer of cheese and use a sandwich maker which just takes 3 to 5 minutes. with a fruit or juice it is very filling.easy to eat on the way too( like while driving)

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You can toast an English muffin and also toast a frozen veg burger (Amy's, Boca, etc) and eat those together
    Keep boiled eggs in the fridge and you can reheat them but just immersing in hot water briefly
    Instant oatmeal comes in many flavors
    My recent breakfast while driving choice: Corazonas peanut oat bar with a cup of chai
    Any pancake made with besan: grated veg in batter or mashed banana, add cheese and tomato on top to savory ones
    Leftover pizza slice

7. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

chaaral..sandwich idea is nice..tashidelek..i like pancake idea..
    thanks for your recipes..i will try those..:thumbsup

8. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

I don't do Indian breakfasts too often, weekends if both DH and I home, then yes but we usually do brunch.
    But I have to eat breakfast, but I can't be weighed down with a huge Indian breakfasts. So my favorites are muesli with yogurt or milk, if you are using yogurt, try soaking it in overnight because it renders a smooth and creamy texture. Muesli is great, and there are no hunger pangs at all. I usually top it off with a couple of prunes. Oats with warm milk is divine. Especially if you add some fruits to it, and let it all combine :thumbsup. Peanut butter on english muffin with some bananas. I also do just simple rye toast with butter and black pepper when I have no time.

As for Indian breakfasts, if have any left overs, they come along as lunch.