1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

im(brahmin) being forced to make non veg

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by headspin, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsanu

nsanu New IL'ite

Hi headspin,
    i am a regular visitor of IL..but never replied to any threads.. but after reading your post, i could not stop myself from posting..:D
    well, i love NV..never had lunch without fish.. never missed a sunday without chicken.. But.. if u ask me to cook, ill cook..IF n only if, its cleaned by someone else..
    i can never stand the raw smell of fish..even i hate to see someone cleaning the meat..though its strange..it is true!!
    My hubby loves fish too..but i never cooked it for him just because i cannot clean it by myself.. After marriage, we are getting NV from Hotels only!! He doesnt have any isues too..once my MIL asked me, whether i cook fish for her son, i said..i dont..because i hate to clean!! she did not find any fault in my reply too..

Coming to your case.. If again your MIL starts her lecture of how ppl whom she is known cooks NV, though they dont eat..you then start your lecture of you know a girl who...(repeat my lines in the above para to your MIL) :thumbsup

2. pshanti1986

pshanti1986 New IL'ite

what you believe in is your belief. Its in the head. Nowadays, caste and religion is in the head. If you believe you are a vegetarian then that is your belief and if going against it causes you distress, then dont do it at any cost. Its like asking a muslim to pray at a temple or a christian to do namaz. If its against their belief, they wound'nt do it at any cost and it would cause distress.
    So even if your husband and MIL ask you to do something against your belief, don't do it and tell them in a polite way that they have to live with it as you have to live with their habits and belief.

3. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

arrick
    Jews won maximum number of noble awards compared to the population size!

4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Closing thread......

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.