1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This Karvachauth...!!! How was yours...pre and the D Day !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SupSam, Oct 25, 2010.

1. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Next day....yesterday after getting back home from office....we got busy with our daily kitchen chores....Were free by 9 pm and then DH darkened my mehdi wherever it was dimming...n put mehndi on both my feet...ALthough amateur...lol...but he was busy with this for almost an hour...he gave me a mehdi tattoo of his name on my left upper arm...Did the bedding...Managed DD..made her sleep....In morning today aftr having my sargi...I just kissed him while he was asleep and he gave a smile..what took you an hour to come back to the room??!! To my surprise he was awake since then. Later hours later I was just working on my feet with mehdi cone where I felt feet are looking empty...he came up n said - U knew how to put mehdi..I said yes I do..I had been an art student for 3 years and used to apply mehdis too..He was like then why didnt you do it urself on your feet...it would have been beautiful..why did you get this shabby kiddish design from me all over...That was so cute but my mehdi this time has been the best of all times for sure !!

WHO"S NEXT LADIES ??

Supriya.

2. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Ladies, one second. this Karvachauth is what I have seen in movies like Yes Boss DDLJ, Hum Dil Dechuke Sanam. Ladies will look at the moon through the filter (???) and then eat a sweet or drink water from the husband. If you guys can enlighten us about the ritual and how it came to existence we would be glad.

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

4. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

How sweet.. loved all the little tidbits :) I am fasting today as well.. too bad, DH is working past midnight, so I won't be with him when I break my fast. Pretty bummed about that :cry: I wasn't sure if I could break my fast without him present, but the couple of people I spoke to mentioned that DH's presence is not required. But still...... aah

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010