Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramosarakuthir

ramosarakuthir New IL'ite

Kakuli from Ramosara Kuthir

"Ramosara Kuthir" is the name of my Boutique in Bangalore after Thakur Ramakrishna & Maa Sarada's name. So my spiritual inclination starts and ends there. My parents are my driving force and my friends provide the required momentum in all my experiments and endeavors.

Embroidery is my passion and I create my own designs, which gives me creative satisfaction. RSK is my pet project and allows small retailers in Bangalore, Kolkata and Hyderabad make money from their home based operations.

Academically saturated and after a pursuit for a degree, left Ancient History mid way for my Masters and exhausted my resources to build my business. Physics is still my favorite subject though and I love tutoring students for Mathematics.

My father was a Central Government employee and my mother a role model in home making. I inherited values from them and developed a roller coaster temper on my own, God knows from where.

Sketching, writing, Urdu poetry, surfing, beaches are some things I love. Two things I hate is driving and cooking. I hail from Kolkata where my heart belongs and I reckon Bangalore my second home with friends as my second family and my creative outlet as my second nature.
    The name is kakuli....

2. mallikagn

mallikagn New IL'ite

Who am I?

Hello Everyone,
    This is Mallika and I am from Hyderabad, AP. I am married for about 4 years and have a beautiful baby girl. She will turn three next Feb..Me and my family have moved to Brussels a couple of months ago...Juggling between home and work and managing a kid leaves me with almost no time...but today while surfing the net for something else, i stumbled across this great site....

Looking forward to hear more from the others..

-Mallika

3. mann1055

mann1055 New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

thank you dear indusladies,for having accommodated me in your fold.
    i am completely new to this site. however, during the course of time, let me also contribute something good. i hope god will grace the occasion.
    by
    M

4. ranjanatewari

ranjanatewari New IL'ite

Hi everyone! I am Ranjana Tewari, a 55yrs old (or should i say young) Punjabi. born and brought up in New Delhi, studied in Presentation convent, and did my masters in child psychology from Delhi University. Joined the league of teachers and got myself a B.Ed. after my second daughter's birth.
    Oh, Yes! I've been happily married for the past thirty years to a most wonderful human from the Indian Army, Col. Deepak Tewari. I always thank my mother in law for bringing him up to be such a good, helpful, kind and considerate soul. Enjoyed being an army wife for many years and taught in schools wherever we went. My husband took voluntary retirement after 21 years of army service and we took off for Muscat.There I was lucky to join a very prestigious school and help many Arabic children gain knowledge especially as a remedial English teacher.Think I'd better switch to something else before i bore you with my teachings!!
    So, I am a real bookworm and will read anything I can lay hands on! I love cooking and have been lucky enough to win many cookery competitions,the latest being the KurKure Chai time contest. Soon you can all see my and my family on KurKure packs!!! Travelling and meeting new people is another interest of mine and i also dabble in painting and needlecraft.
    I have two lovely daughters , Natasha and Ayesha. Natasha works in Pune, and Ayesha is married and has made us the proud grandparents of two beautiful angels, Zoya and Zara.
    We are now in Pune and my husband and I worked to set up the residential part of the Mercedes Benz International school and were with the school for three years. I'll probably begin teaching English to MBA students in Tasmac college now.
    I wish I had enough funds to begin a school/hostel for poor kids here!!!!But, for that i'd prabably need a fairy Godmother!!!!!!
    I am real happy to be a part of the Indus family and can spend hours browsing through the site!

5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Maitri - welcome to IL. Friendship is what this forum is all about - so if you are looking for life long friendship - you have indeed come to the right place. We hope to see your participation in IL

Hi Poornima - glad to stopped here to introduce yourself. We hope you take some time to go through the various forums and participate in areas that interest you.

Hi Ayesha - as the mother of three young boys, I can understand that you hardly have time for anything! But when you do have time, log in to IL and you unwind if only for a short while in your busy day!!

Hi Ravva - glad you joined us. I would suggest that you post your query about Cincinnati and its community in the Indians in Detroit sub forum - you are likely to get more response posting there about specific questions.
    Hi Amsa - welcome to IL - our Chennai subforum is very active. check it out and you will connect with many ladies in your area.

HI Valarmathee - glad that you could join us and we would love for you to participate in threads that interest you - it is always interesting to hear from women from different walks of life and your "who am I" introduction was interesting to read.

Hi Amrita - welcome to IL. Hope this forum is useful to you in not just making friends but also in learning new things and helping each other - check out the various subforums and you will see what I mean

6. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aruna - glad you could join us - you should write about your experiences of living in Egypt. You can write about life in Egypt - I am sure that it would be interesting to hear about cultural activities there.

Hi shalini - welcome to IL - as you said this site is informative - that is all due to the participation of the women and men who belong to this forum - so let us all partcipate more and make this site more informative!

Hi Madhavi - this site has been comforting to many women who have moved from India to USA (like me). It makes being away from India not too bad when you realize that many of your friends are only a click away!! So, go ahead and start participating in IL!

HI Sami - welcome to IL - tell us a bit more about yourself - this 'who am I' thread is all about telling something about oneself - so, please do give me a little more detail about yourself and also start participating in the various forums that we have.

Hi Lakshmi - welcome to IL. Seeing that you are interested in gardening, reading - I would suggest that you go through the book lovers and gardening forum - you will see that we have many women with similar interests who have exchanged useful information.
    Hi Kamalaveni - welcome to L. Tell us a bit more about yourself and do participate in threads that interest you.

Hi Viji - thanks for your congratulations - it is hats off to the IL team for making this site so useful to us. And it is due to the participation of women like you that makes this site more amazing!

7. eyesha

eyesha New IL'ite

hello and welcome to IL
    its lovely to be a part of IL.i m sure u'll enjoy it as much as i do.
    IL members are very warm and welcoming.
    God bless IL.:cool2:
    ayesha.

8. neenasrivastava

neenasrivastava New IL'ite

Hi
    I am an indian living in Cairo,Egypt since past one year.We may get transferred anywhere in the world.
    Trying to get info about saudi I found Indus Ladies!Wow!
    About me
    I was born in Canada.I have lived most of my life in Gujarat,India.But originally I am from U.P.(too many roots?/rootless?)

I have two sons.My husband works in a multinational oil company.
    I would appreciate if anyone can tel me abou Al Khober in saudi.How are schools out there?

Keep in touch ladies
    Neena

9. eyesha

eyesha New IL'ite

hi neena,
    welcome to IL
    you r very lucky to have seen so many places.
    i have many relatives in saudi but all i know of al khouber is that its a hill station.
    but i'll let u know more about it in 2-3 days time,inshaAllah!
    i guess there might be an indian embassy school there
    dunno for sure,will let u know soon!!!
    one of my cousins is staying in cairo.
    he is there for a project will be there for a couple of months.
    i ve come to know that cairo is very much like india is it ?really?
    bye
    c u

10. smrithikumar

smrithikumar New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am Smrithi Kumar (name changed after marriage. Before Marriage my name was Sundari). I am living in Dombivili (Maharastra - India). I was born in Palakkad, brought up in Erode, had my college at Chennai and now married and settled in Dombivili.

I have two kids, one boy and one girl. Both are studying.

I am working as a DGM - Information Technology in a private firm.

I got to know about this forum only today as i was browsing for lyrics of few songs of P.Susheela. Thanks a lot to the seniors, who has already provided few lyrics in the site.

I needed lyrics of "Jaya Jaya Devi Jaya Jaya Devi Durga Devi Saranam", "Maannikka Veenai enthum maadevi kalaivani" and "Thiruvilakkai".

If anyone can help me out in getting these lyrics, it would be of great help for me as now Navaratri is also nearing.

Keep in touch...

thanking you

Smrithi Kumar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.