Fair healthy baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Nirvar, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Oh pleaaze! Its obvious that there is this obsession on skin color being exhibited here. And some of us want folks to drop that sort of discrimination

And, no it is not about insecurity - it is just nauseating to see an obsession with skin color, thats why people voice their protest. And the link I mentioned is not just for you -if you are not interested in reading that suit yourself. If I find it, I'll post it here later.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. Nirvar

Nirvar New IL'ite

Hi All

With all due respect, the question i asked was not to offend anyone, but if i have in anyway offended anyone please accept my apologise. Everyone has their own opinion regarding this subject, if theres anything i could do so that my child would reach her optomium best then why not as with taking the omegas for the babies, we take them and that does not necessary mean the child is going to be intelligent, but its a boost so that the child can reach its optomium best in terms of intelligence, likewise with regard to the skin i would want to take whatever i can so the child would reach it optomium best with regard to the complexion and good skin.

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nirvar,

Is there any reason you think "fair" color is optimum best?
    Do you think darker shade will be inferior?

4. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

I too believe that your baby's complexion completely depends on genes. But whats wrong in trying even though if it is just a myth. There is no harm in having saffron, rasgullas or coconut.

I am having a 5 month old daughter. I don't like saffron with milk. I ate banana's everyday when i was pregnant because i read somewhere that consuming banana will improve the complexion of the baby. My baby girl is very fair. I cant say that she is fair because i ate banana. But i believe so. There is no harm in trying something as long as it is safe for you and your baby.

5. life_voyage

life_voyage Senior IL'ite

Except you nobody here is obsessed about anything. looks like you are obsessed about picking up a fight wherever you go. Like adimom says there is nothing wrong in trying out anything that doesnt affect the baby. Dont induce your so-called "discrimination" unnecessarily in a discussion that was otherwise healthy before your kind intervention.

Anyways you can keep your healthy topic of crooning over an obsession that none of us seem to have while we discuss among ourselves. I don't know from where sadists like you define discrimination. If a mom hopes for a fair baby that is her personal likes/dislikes. But if the baby is born and then if the mother differentiates it based on its color, then alone it is called discrimination. I'm done trying to inject sense into you and don't wish to degrade myself any further by replying to you.

Tan

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Edited out.

No point in trying to explain.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi,
    if you have saffron daily you won't get cold,also the milk taste,smell will be nice,so enjoy taking daily. thatz the main purpose,2nd thing you won't get constipation,these are the main thing during pregnancy.

avoid more spicy food,have water, curd,coconut water like that to keep your body cool,thatz all enjoy your pregnancy..:thumbsup

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nirvar, I also come from South India (a certain town) where fair skinned people are pretty much worshiped and dark skinned not as much. So, naturally every mother (most times unconsciously) aims for a better complexion etc. I don't see anything wrong with that. The question which you have asked is out of love for your child.

You know, when my parents were searching for matches for me, quite a number of people have 'rejected' me saying I am dark. At that time I used to be very hurt, even though to me and my parents I am the most beautiful princess on earth. I waited until I found the one who would marry me for what I am. So, naturally that inferiority complex is kind of inbuilt. I dont hold that against myself. So, dont worry if a few people are judgmental about the question you asked. To each their own.

I also don't see a reason why anyone should be color blind. If the baby is fair, good. If not, even then its our own baby, so good.

Edit: By no means I am suggesting that our children should have the same sentiments as us. Of course they can form their own theories about anything when they grow up. We just need to make sure that we dont rub our beliefs about complexion on them.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  9. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Yes Fair skin is beautiful than dark is just a dumb thought but the fair skin obsession for those of us who have dark / wheatish skin can never go away.

I know how it feels being darker than those at home though both mom and dad are fair and sis extremely fair. As a kid I used to say that my parents did a lot of partiality and I turned dark. lol...

When sis and me went out together and met anyone new, she introducing me as sis - some would ask is she your OWN sister !?!? i wd feel like answering "No, she rented me for few hours". :bonk

My skin colour is changed now after living in Europe for few years now. I look fair but a weeks stay in India would get my original colour back. When I was preggy I was told badam milk is good in increasing the complexion of the babies.. I havent had much though my baby is little fairer than me.

10. Nirvar

Nirvar New IL'ite

Hi all

After searching the internet and all the feed back i recieved, on what i should consume during pregnancy for a fair baby, these are the things that where suggested saffron and milk, eating coconuts, drinking coconut juice, eating bananas, drinking plenty of orange juice,drinking pomegranate juice, drinking badam milk, eating coconut balls, sugar candy and eating saunf. Im confused cause im not sure what will work, maybe i'll have all of these things and hope it works