1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Saree Falls & pico in bay area

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bay Area' started by Kajoli, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Kajoli

Kajoli New IL'ite

Hello friends,
    I recently moved to the Bay area - Sunnyvale, to be precise. I have a new saree for which I need to get falls and pico done. I also want to do some alterations to a lehnga and some salwars. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on which tailors are good or if there is any individual who does this. I would be very grateful. I really want to wear the saree during Navratri..

Kajoli

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am in Sunnyvale too. You could try Manisha Saree Place - I think they do fall and bidding and stich blouses too.

Mythraeyi

3. Kajoli

Kajoli New IL'ite

Thanks Mythraeyi for the prompt reply. I just called them and the lady said that they do both falls and pico for $10 and take one week to do it. Is this place in the same complex as India Cash and Carry?
    Thanks once again for your reply.

4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

no - this is in the complex with Kumud groceries and Bhavika chaat. the one you are referring to is khubsurat, i think.

5. Kajoli

Kajoli New IL'ite

The complex is between Poplar Ave and Henderson Ave, right? The map is showing that. May be its oppo to India Cash..

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

yes, it is opposite to cash and carry - i am not sure of the name of the cross street. where in sunnyvale will you be driving from?

7. sudha9

sudha9 New IL'ite

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to stitch Pico (beading) for a saree? Thanks in advance.