ENT clinic / hospital in Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by rohini, May 11, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good Gynec near Adyar, Tiruvanmiyur, Mylapore, Mandaveli

Hi sowmya
    Congrats to your daughter in law.There is one Shanti Sanjay.She comes to venkataswara hospital in Nandanam. You can ring up the hospital .She comes almost everyday.

2. sugan2008

sugan2008 New IL'ite

Hi Soumya ,

Concrtulations to ur d-inlaw , you can check in E.V kalyani hospital,mylappore or Dr Nithya ramamoorthy in Malar hospital.

Regs
    Suganthi

3. presci

presci Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    There is good gyna at Isabella Hospital, Mylapore
    Bye,
    Presci

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I hope you people are not meaning Dr. Lakshmi Kumari of Isabella Hospital..Yes,she is a very experienced old lady but from my personal experience,pls don't go to her. She is very orthodox and old fashioned in thoughts and will make your pregnancy period a very unglorious one. You have to be very punctual for her appointments,one minute late and she will throw your file out! She will actually do it in front of you!:mad: Further,she will expect the patient to always wear a saree when coming for a check-up! I went to her till my 7th month and I have no sweet memories of that time. I used to rush home from office,change to a saree and again rush back to the hospital for the check-up!

My SIL too went to her and for her first child,she told them point-blank on their face that the child will not survive the birth,luckily the baby survived.For her second delivery,my SIL went to her initially,then fortunately,she changed to Dr.Kalyani. Pls check with EVR hospital,I think they stopped taking maternity cases from 2004.I am not sure though.

5. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sunitha, for this info.
    I wish other lites too, should come forward & tell about the Doctors, whom we can avoid! esp.. gynecologist & obstetrician.
    Here too, in Singapore we have a 'tough' Indian obstetrician named Dr.Urimala Baba, who lacks politeness & kindness!

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks Anu.

I also wanted to add this.This doctor told me in my 6th month to go on bed-rest because of my BP and told me that I will definitely end up in a C-section.After that I went to another doctor closer to my parent's home and when I enquired with her regarding bed-rest,she said,no,I will not advise that now.Finally,I did have a premature delivery at the completion of 36 weeks but it was a normal delivery.If I had continued with my first doctor,I am sure I would have had a C-section like my SIL.

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,
    Your experiences bring back to mind what my mother went through when she was carrying my sister and she had spotting, this Dr.Laksmi Kumari refused to see her without an appointment. I think she is very rude and then my mother was taken to Dr. Prema Krishasami when she was well into her 7th month. Never did she go to Dr. Lakshmi again. Horrifying experience she had, she shudders to think of it even now.

8. Nithyajay

Nithyajay New IL'ite

Good Pediatrician and Gynec in Lifeline and Malar Hospital.

Hi All,
    These two hospitals are near my house ......i am new to this part of chennai.Suggest me gud pediatrician and Gyne in both these hospitals.

Thanks in advance
    NJ

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good Pediatrician and Gynec in Lifeline and Malar Hospital.

hi i think malar is a better choice, if nitya ramamurthy is still there for gynec.
    and also heard pediatrician is good there. have no personal experience.

10. Nithyajay

Nithyajay New IL'ite

Re: Good Pediatrician and Gynec in Lifeline and Malar Hospital.

Hi Shanthi,
    Thanks for the info both hospitals are nearby......if Malar has better Drs and if hospital i am happy....i am just trying to get some names of Drs in these hospitals if some one can share their personal exp it wld be great.
    When i come back to India i wld def need a Pediatrician and a Gynec so just doing some homework.

Happy Weekend
    Regards
    NJ