discuss area and projeccts - medavakkam

Discussion in 'Housing' started by gayatri.kartik, Dec 6, 2007.

1. NinaK

NinaK New IL'ite

Hi..
    I am new to IL.. this forum is awesome. i came through google. It has lot of useful information. Good job!!

I am looking for 3 bhk with budget 40 - 55 lakhs.. I am more interested in row house/duplex house/independant house than flats because of the land area and i can get the feel that the entire house belongs to me. I prefer areas between Medavakkam and Tambaram. Please let me know if there are on going projects suiting my requirement.

One of my hubby's friend got a semi-independant house near Porur junction with the ground floor sqft 600 and built up area is 1250 sqft couple of months back. I was so impressed about this house and felt that he had taken a good decision.
    So i just started my search on similar kind of requirements in Tambaram areas. But now, i feel what could be done in future with this 600 sqft land.

People please suggest me is it worth if i search for row house where the ground floor sqft say is around 600 -700 sqft.
    I am in a dilema whether to stick to my desire to buy a house type or shift to flats in Tambaram areas. Kindly help me out people. I am seriously going mad.

2. manosaro

manosaro New IL'ite

hai anitha ,
    thanks for your response.i am in usa so today my brother went and saw the area ..he said that there is no proper road.its 2 km from the main road,will it develop in 2 years ..one more can u tell me what r the other charges and how much they charged you as there was difference in the car parking charge,just i want to know..sorry to disturb you

3. anithaswamy

anithaswamy New IL'ite

Hi Manosaro,

No problem.That's correct. One more approach is there. If you go from medavakam koot road it will be around 1 km to reach Sundarkhand/Springfield/Yara.

Additional charges will be around 4-5 lakhs.They are standard charges only. Ask them over the phone and get it clarified.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  4. shivaraman75

shivaraman75 New IL'ite

hi, all

Its really a nice blog, members sharing responses spontaneously and developing awesome, especially shanvy providing quick response.

I saw ad today regarding vaikuntam 2900 per sqft at Urapakkam, I dont know where the launch offer venue is. But from the site (featherlitedevelopers) and ads it has cmda approval, properous amenities, above all on GST Road. Only 2 days left over for launch offer price i.e 2900 per sqft. Can anyone share if you attended, the venue of launch offer, price breakup apart from sqft price like carparking, Infrastructure and other charges, Payment stages.

I am thinking of cancelling My Isha Yara and move for this. I admire their quality , honesty in providing the information of OSR and other details. Even i am ready to loose the cancellation charges for booking of flat and bank processing charges for loan for Vaikuntam prospects as it's claimed in sites.

Please share your thoughts at the earliest, atleast please tell venue of happening. Nobody is attending on their contact nos. Hope they are busy in launch program.

Thanks and Regards.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Nina, if you are not averse to local builders, you could talk to them about duplex, semi independent houses, at the same time, some of the local builders are not genuine.

600 sq.ft. with the land cost escalating, you have to be careful. you have the option of buying the land and then going for construction. i am sure you can get 1200sq.ft of land for 30lacs in the surroundings of tambaram if you are so particular about the place.

if porur is something you like check out projects in the area.there are few independent house projects in mugalivakkam area..but not by reputed builders..

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thank you shivaraman

yes, i saw the news in hindu businessline . the furniture people moving on to residential construction after industrial and commerical establishments in bangalore. as per the news, they are sitting on some land bank and that is the reason they could give at a competitive rate. 500 apartmnents on 7 acres could be congested..and the uds could be less is my opinion. there are other projects like the golf city coming up..ivrcl's project..the name eludes me..right now gst is the place marked by many players with lot of projects announced in the last two months.

this is near to the city than akhaya's belluvedere isnt it.and it is a developed place with indus's habitat nearby and just 1km from the mainroad i think.
    i remember habitat was offered at 2400 in 2008(?)..and just 500rs increase and so much of difference between what is being given by akshaya..i would tread with all details in hand shivaram as this is the first mega residential project by these people with another on omr in pipeline.

Come to think of it, i have been noticing cmda approval numbers circled and flaunted in most projects. it means one thing, a better marketing and a better informed customer (slowly the industry is realising the customer cannot be fooled much..and is aware of the knowledge that is being passed between people through these groups, forums.) today's hindu carries a 4 page ad for this project and no where ther is a mention of cmda approval, just that it has bank approval. these days bank approval is possible without cmda approval as seen with purvankara, isha..

OSR information has to be informed as it is now readily available on request.

will inform details of the launch venue if i come across it. i assume it would be this sunday owing to the auspicious vijayadasami. and them being bangalore based. amd
    the site office is at nandivaram

you are actually spoilt as a buyer, with 24 carat gold bar from chennai pattinam, a fully imported modular kitchen from somebody else...mm..choose wisely.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  7. divyasarav

divyasarav New IL'ite

Hi All,

We are planning to buy a 2 BHK in places near Chrompet, Tambaram. Infact, we saw a property in Chromepet. Before paying the booking amount, we somehow got the document copies from the builder and consulted a lawyer for a legal opinion. (The Builder was known to our Uncle) Fortunately, the lawyer was able to point us regarding a problem in the land and we dropped the idea of buying the flat there and returned the document copies to the Builder. It was a blessing that we did not pay any money to that builder.

Now, we have found another property in Pammal. The builder is not agreeing to give us the property documents without us paying him the booking amount. We have even agreed to pay the booking amount by way of Post-dated cheque. But he is just not agreeing to this. He says he will give us the property documents only after getting the booking amount. The builder is not a big player but a small builder. The property is almost nearing completion. The quality of the construction looks good. We are hesitant to pay the booking amount because we are worried that if there would be any legal problem, then how we would get our money back from the builder.

Now, I want to get your expert opinions as what is the normal procedure. Many of you in this forum have booked apartments and bought flats. How did you check the documents? Did you pay the booking amount? Did you get back the amount incase if you did not proceed with buying the said property. What is the solution? What are we supposed to do? Please throw some light.

Rgds,
    Divya

8. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanvy,
    I am looking for plot(around 1200 sq ft) to construct house in tambaram-medavakkam area. Anywhere about 2 kms from this road is ok for me. My budget is 35-40 lacs. Please let me know which specific areas in this surrounding I can go for. I saw a independent house in rajakilpakkam for 45 lacs(1150 sq ft land,built area 1900 sq ft, 2 floors, 1.5 kms from road, tellus avenue). But there are no proper roads still. So I am confused. Is this property ok?

Thanks in advance.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Most builders do not give you the documents until you pay the booking amount and it is the norm. i paid a whopping 5lacs as booking amount last year when i booked a flat, even when it was from a known person.

you do get the booking amount, minus a small charge which goes under any heading from administration charge or cancellation charges depending on the builder.

if you like the project, and are almost 75% -90% sure, only hesitation is the legal clearance, you need to pay the amount and get the details.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Anitha,

i think this topic should be moved out of this thread and discussed. the process is very long and irritating..will write about it in a day or two..really caught up with lots in my hand right now..