Travelling while pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Apr 7, 2005.

1. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Re: Travel during pregnancy

Dear Rakshantha, Hearty congratulations! Don't worry about travelling with child when u r 6th or 7th month. I have seen many ladies travelling and it should not be a problem.. THere will be always airhostesses and co passengers to help u out when u r in air travel. that too when u r pregnant they would definitely help. so donot worry about these trivial matters. Take care of your health, eat well and pray to God, everything would be fine.

Wish u all the best.

2. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

Re: Travel during pregnancy

hai sujatha

Thanks for ur reply. May be harmones causing depression are working overtime in my body:mad: I am not able to enjoy my pregnancy. And I am brooding over these matters.

Any ways my confidence meter is sure growing up. Thanks once again.

Regards
    Rakshantha

3. roopika

roopika New IL'ite

Anyone travelled during first trimester

Hello everyone,

Now i am 9th week pregnant and in 10th week i will be travelling to India.
    I am very much worried , please let me know your experience and suggestions if anyone have travelled during first trimester.I should travel 4 hours and then 3 hours of waiting and again 3 hours of travel.

thank you..
    regards,
    Roopika

4. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Re: Anyone travelled during first trimester

hi roopika,

just consult ur doc b4 travelling and she wud give u a fitness certficate which most of the airlines ask for now......but i am sure u can travel after u get ur doc's opinion....but b careful not to handle weight n all during ur travel..

all the best

lov
    sowmi

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,
    travelling during 1st trimester is considered safest.only ,if u r having morning sickness it may increase.get a check up & a certificate to show that u can travel.all the best.

6. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Hi congrats on ur pregnancy. it is safe to travel during ur 1st trimester. but please check with ur doc. only he knows ur case n will be in the best position to guide. Also be aware that it will be very tiring for you. Do not lift any weight.All the best.

7. roopika

roopika New IL'ite

Hello,

thanks a lot to your reply sowmi,mahajanpragathi and priya , since i am staying in english non speaking country.It is difficult to communicate with doctors, i could only confirm about pregnancy but couldn't undergo general checkup i.e is the reason i am travelling to back to india. I don't have morning sickness and i am not carrying any luggage except water bottles and food. I hope god helps me.

regards,
    Roopika

8. grajani

grajani New IL'ite

hey!!!
    I travelled 24 hrs from NY to Chennai during my 13th week.As long as your are healthy,I think there is nothing to worry.
    Anyways consult the doctor.
    Have a safe journey

9. anjalineema

anjalineema New IL'ite

hi roopika..
    dont worry at all...
    i too travelled at this time... i came from india to chicago... almost same sort of timing... just be confirmed u have all ur needy medicines especially for vomiting and stomach pain...
    try wearing a comfortable outfit... n keep ur handy food ... wht u like it to eat.. it may happen u were able to eat earlier all that flight food but this time it may b tough for u ... take all ur check up files n reports.. u may need them in india... when u ll consult a doc over there....
    humm dont have food which do gas problem before u r going... it will b tough for u .. n bye chance if u have any probs like that do have a medicine... u will b relaxed a lot...
    and one more thing... dont try to lift ur heavey bags... i hope u must b having some with on flight... if not dont paln to take lot of stuff with u ...
    well have a very safe journey... n then a safe pregnancy
    all the gud luck..
    have a nice day ..

10. AA31

AA31 New IL'ite

Is it safe to travel during the 5th week of pregnancy?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and had a quick question. I have to travel(related to my work) during the 5th week of pregnancy. My gyn said that it was ok but my mom's gyn(who's in India) advised against it. What are your thoughts?
    Thanks.
    AA:idontgetit: