Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. smrithijay

smrithijay New IL'ite

Schools in Velachery

Hi,
    I want to know whether it is easier to get admission in DAV Velachery Or Arsha Vidya Mandir .I have a three year old daughter.I want to put her in a good cbse school by June 2008.

2. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks for ur info. I am from South Chennai, Ullagaram & Puzuthivakkam (Near Madipakkam & Nanganallur).

I too heard that DAV is going to open a branch in Pallikaranai. But when i don't know.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Schools in Velachery

Hi smitha,

I would prefer arsha vidya mandir than dav velachery... but last i visited cbse site...arsha had not got affliation and it is still following matriculation when i gave a call...so confirm before...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Good Schools in Chennai - A website with good information

Hi smrithi,

You can try st.brittos, this is also in velachery. regarding dav velachery/arsha i have given my opinion in the other thread.

Since you are in madipakkam, try modern school in nanganallur. it is good school.

5. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Re: Need help regarding Chennai schools

Hi shanvy,

Thank you for your reply. I'll be settling near pursawalkam, which will be closest to kilpauk. There are 4 CBSE schools near kilpauk. They are Rajaji Vidyashram, Bharatiya Vidhya Bavan, Chinmaya Vidyalaya, & Kola Saraswathi. I have absolutely NO IDEA about the performances of these schools. If you can help me out regarding second lang & admission procedure offered in these schools for NRI kids like mine, will be of tremedous help to me. Reg. second lang, I don't insist my kids that they should learn tamil or hindi only. Whichever shld me easier for them, i'll prefer that. Like you said, if sanskrit is going to be better, then, I'll go adhead with that. Thank you for your valuable info.

Geetha

6. shanthirekha

shanthirekha New IL'ite

Re: Need advice regarding admission

Thank u both for your valuable advice. Could Some others offer their suggestions too please .

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Need help regarding Chennai schools

you are welcome.
    Hi all these schools are good. if you are looking into acamedic oriented schools you have taken a correct list. but i think you have some other schools in pursai area. and admissions should be the same in most of the schools. just ask somebody to keep track of the dates for application pick in all. and submit.

exams will be mostly in english, maths and second language. and most schools have the sanskrit as an option from 6th..so may be you could check out these schools for the second language option. give me few days will give you more details.

8. Lakshmipriyakasumuri

Lakshmipriyakasumuri New IL'ite

About school

Hi alll,

This is lakshmipriya.I am very happy to join in this site,
    i am having one male child 2 years 4 months old.
    actually i want to know the details about the DAV school CBSE.
    We are planning to join my son in DAV schools.
    so please help me form the below queries...
    Age limit for L.K.G my son was born on june 2005
    Is he elligible for the next academic year
    Are they expecting that house should be near the school?
    How can we apply.

9. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Re: About school

Hi Lakshmipriya,

Even I am trying for admission in DAV, Mogappair... I heard from many people that there is a distance restriction for admission into DAV schools... But not sure... About the age limit, many schools take children who complete 3 years as on May 31 to LKG... But there are schools which admits children who completed 3 years on March 31 also... My daughter was born on May 4, 2004 and I am putting her to LKG next academic year, that is June 2008 session, when she will complete 4 years of age....

You can try calling the school directly and find out about the age criteria.... Your child is so small... You can join him in a play school this year and seek admission to LKG next year.... But it is up to you...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  10. bagy

bagy New IL'ite

hi latamurali
    I checked out good earth school and it seems very nice. when do they start admission process and what is the process? My eldest goes to 8th and younger to 1st next academic year.

please pm me with some info.

thanks
    bagy