Fair healthy baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Nirvar, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Nirvar

Nirvar New IL'ite

Hi i would like to know if there are people out there who has taken anything that has contributed to enhancing the babies complexion, making lighter did it work,i have searched on the internet and many people advice on differnet things like milk and saffron, fennel seeds or having orange juice daily, some say pomegranate juice, even paw paws and pineapples daily. I am aware that omega's are good to enhance babies brain, so its not so impossible to enhance the babies complexion even if it helps to make it a shade or two lighter.

Pls share what has worked for you!

2. mohantina

mohantina Senior IL'ite

first thing you eat in the morning shud be white....i believe as it works in my case...i ate rasgullas or coconut during my daughter's time.......she is very fair

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

wow! really? By any chance do you know of any explanation as to why babies are born fair if eaten white foods in morning mohanita?

4. ranjoose

ranjoose Bronze IL'ite

Complexion of baby is GENETIC and nothing you eat is going to change that!!! You can try all you want..GOOD LUCK!!!:spin

5. Nirvar

Nirvar New IL'ite

You are right its all got to do with genetics, but i strongly believe that the complexion can be enhanced even if its not going to be a drastic one maybe just improve the colour abit im sure thats possible.

6. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

me nd my hubby r of slightly fair complexion.....my mil is vry fair......my daughter is not so fair........nd it doesnt matter a tiny bit!! when we look at her, we see the most beautiful thing on earth.......

its sad tat supposedly educated people ask dumb questions like this

7. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I too do not believe that if you eat something specifically, you can have a fair child. But I will share with you what happened in my case.

My elder child, my son is only of wheatish complexion. I did not take any special care for color.

When I was carrying my second child, my daughter, my officer had sent me a packet of saffron - kunkumapoo. Because he sent, I had it with milk till the small gift packet got over. My daughter was very fair at birth to all our surprise. While I am of wheat complexion my husband is slightly fairer than me. But she is fairer than both of us.

I do not know if it was by chance or that saffron had some effect!

8. life_voyage

life_voyage Senior IL'ite

divine,

it is natural for every expecting mother to expect their child to be more brilliant, more beautiful, more lucky, more healthy and more what not than them! it doesnt matter whether they are educated or not....no one is going to hate the baby if it is born with a dull color. Every mother will see their baby as the most beautiful thing on earth only. She is just trying to do things which she believes will make her baby more beautiful. Infact, medically proved or not, i have seen umpteen number of instances where there has been fair results with certain types of foods. It could have been co-incidences, but there is nothing wrong in her trying it out...

I see nothing "Supposedly Dumb" in this. If you dont have suggestions to give to them, you better atleast refrain yourself from commenting harsh, which i feel is more "uneducated" than what she is trying to do.

Tan.

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

^
    Why the hell is a baby "more beautiful" if it is fair complexioned? Are dark complexion babies not as beautiful when they are babies or when they are grown up?

This is a stupid obsession, and yes, food does not change skin complexion, it is genetic, and the fact that one child is darker and the other more fair is a genetic combination (variations happen for different children even for same parents) which does not depend on food.

There was a nice thread in snippets about this stupid obsession with skin color. Hope someone can find a link to that. I tried to refrain from posting, but when I see such statements like "more beautiful" baby, then it is better to clarify things.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  10. life_voyage

life_voyage Senior IL'ite

spiderman,

i did not say "more beautiful" baby. I said more beautiful than the mother(according to her). It is relative to the mother. For eg. I would want to give the best according to me to my baby if i can help it.. im not talking about whether babies are beautiful if they are fair or dark. Im talking just "beauty" in general and it is perceived in different ways to different ppl.

If a mother is fair and if she perceives beauty in a darker complexion and if she thought there were ways to help the baby become dark, and if she opened a thread here for advices i'm sure all the ones unnecessarily making issues here will keep quiet! Well i see all color as one, and if a mother wants her baby to be beautiful in anyway she feels, she can do her best. I don't think others need to comment on whether the mother is "dumb" or "stupid". No one is forcing anybody to comment on a thread. I dont see anybody in thread mentioning they are "stupidly and desperately obsessed" about their baby being fair.

Well though i dont believe in the food theory either, I have seen soo many examples where nobody in the family is light complexioned and baby alone is or vice versa.

And once the baby is born regardless of its complexion every mom going to love it like hell. I think the poor starter of this thread wanted some advices and if you dont believe in any of it she asked you can either plainly say that or refrain from commenting. this is not thread to debate about whether fair complexion is beautiful or darker one is. So you can keep the "link" to yourself thanks. Ppl interested in it will definitely have a look without being told to.

And lastly, why is that when a lady asks advise to improve her baby' complexion, it is taken as a insult to dark complexion? Only ppl who think dark complexion as inferior gets hurt by their ego and get unnecessarily angry! Ones who think both complexion as the same, treats it normal.

Tan

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010