Need reviews on DPS Sharjah and Star international

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by daffy2006, Nov 2, 2009.

1. daffy2006

daffy2006 Junior IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I was hoping to get some help from you'll in finding a good school for my lil one who is 3yrs 4mths old. She is currently not enrolled in any playgroups but very active otherwise. I have good reviews on DPS and Star International Sharjah but yet I'm confused on which school to go for. Some also suggested for Our Own English school Sharjah. I would be very happy if you mommies could give me a review about your these schools or any other schools you think are better. I'm moslty looking for CBSE schools. I've been through the websites but they dont really give info on how good the schools are. So please help :)......

2. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

online registration for dps sharjah kg1 has already started,go ahead and register on the school website before its too late.

3. bps

bps New IL'ite

DPS might be good. But Ryan Star International is not up to the mark. The Administration is damn bad. Please make it as the last choice. I did not get any review about the school earlier and by mistake sent the child there. Now need to change the school as they dont know what they do and they dont know what to do.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  4. HPR

HPR New IL'ite

Hi Anuja:

We've been here for 8 yrs...i hv a son who passed out from DPS two yrs ago...and another one who is currently in Grade 4...DPS Sharjah is a very well managed school...in fact would go so far as to say that its the best school with CBSE curriculum...their headmistress rocks and their teachers are awesome...and the school layout is cozy, well-lit and charmingly cheerful...admission tho...maybe a bit of a problem....register well in advance...all the best!

5. kiranmisra

kiranmisra New IL'ite

My son has been studying in DPS, Sharjah for the last 2 years and you bet it is one of the best schools in Sharjah and Admn is very good. Infact, I am also planning to put my daughter to the same school this year. Star International I do not know much about.

6. mizhi

mizhi New IL'ite

hi hpr and kiranmisra

i want to enroll my kid to dps school.i would like to know what are the positive things that makes you say that dps is the best.does they also give importance to activities also?i have heard from some friends that dps gives so much homework and stuff.is that true.

please reply as info from people who have firsthand experience with this school is really good for me.thank you so much in advice.

7. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Would like to know whether DPS sharjah
    gives admission to grade 10.

If so when are the application given?

Pls share the fees details too for grade 10.

Thanks in advance,
    Devi.

8. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi devi,
    I think Dps admissions are closed, anyways personally u can contact them for the exact procedure for 10th class. Go through their website for fee details Delhi Private School, Sharjah - Powered By IYCWorld
    U can contact them in september also for admissions as they conduct one more admission test to fill the vacant seats .

9. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Hi latha,
    Thanks a lot for your response.
    We are planning to meet the Principal this week.
    Is your child in DPS? If so, can you share ideas on the teaching staffs
    and the support given to the children for higher grades.

Devi.

10. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi devi,
    My child is in our own . No idea about dps teaching staff. According to their website yesterday only the entrance exam was held.
    latha