Good IT companies providing working mother friendly policy???

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by aquarian80, Oct 1, 2010.

1. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Can everyone please provide details of good IT companies in India preferably Pune, which provide working mother friendly policies like part time, work from home, day care etc? I have a IT experience of 8 years and am working in a top notch IT company in Pune, but would like to balance work and personal life being a mother to a 3.5 yr kid.

Thanks.

2. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Hi aquarian80,

I must appreciate your efforts to continue working with your 3.5 yr old. Do you have support at home? I have 5 yrs IT exp too but I quit my job after my daughter was born becoz we were in US. Now we are back but it's been 4.5yrs of break. Now I want to get back to IT but don't know if it's too late and also do not have the guts. So just wondering what to do.
    Any ideas ?

Vv

3. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Hi Vv,

You can opt for fields like testing(manal/automated) wherein any technology does not matter. Or else, if you have good experience in any of the technologies currently in demand in market e.g. .NET, Open Systems you can try for a job in that. In IT, i do not think a break would impact much. You can very well make use of your 5 yr experience and try for a job. Also, time would be quite right now since market is up and lots of jobs are on the offer.

Wish you all the best!

Regards,
    aquarian80

4. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aquarian,
    I work in Mindtree Ltd and have an experience of 5 years in software testing. This is my second company. I feel it is very employee friendly in comparison with the other companies.
    They provide us with day care within their campus, you can take you children and leave them under their care, and they have maids to look after them. You can drop in any time and spend time with you rlittle ones.
    The other facility is “children’s play area” where you can sit with them, keep them occupied with their favorite hobbies and in parallel carry on with your work from that Place without actually getting to your workstation.
    You can bring your kids to office and also make them sit near you in your workstation; this will be very helpful when they are on vacations... “You can bring them with you to office” (This was nice to hear when I joined here, in my old companies bringing in people will have so many procedures and rules)… I’m not sure if other companies give such facilities...
    Work from home is also available, but with manager’s approval...
    We have offices at Bangalore, Chennai and one in Pune also..
    I’m in this company for the past 6 months, and I find a lot of time for my family and my kids now and I’m very much satisfied with my personal and professional life tooJ
    I'm very happy to be part of Mindtree... Hope you will also be able to strike perfect balance between your work and personal life:)
    Luv,
    Rayhaan’s mom-Faariz

5. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Rayhaan's mom! Mindtree is quite near to my current office. I will surely keep this in mind.

6. rumana

rumana New IL'ite

hello
    i am intrested to work as a software tester.can you please send me the recruitment criteria for doing tester job?actually you are in IT field so do have some knowledge about software testing jobs.can you helpme in this regard?

My Qualification:-MCA
    CERTIFICATION :- JAVA AND C PROGRAMMING
    EXPERIENCE IN WEB DEVELOPMENT

7. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Faariz,
    Im a working mom with two kids. Struggling to balance work & family. Can you let me know what is the procedure to apply in Mindtree? I am a Business analyst in the Banking sector with 6 years of experience.

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

You can check out Zensar. They have creche facilities.

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Wow, Mindtree seems to be very good.
    More or less I am also sailing in the same boat. I hope if at all I want to shift, my next company will be Mindtree. In Hyd, mindtree is not there.. but in Bangalore.

10. stree

stree New IL'ite

hi rumana...me too frm orissa..its nice to hv ur mailid.