Indians in Seoul,South Korea

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by GeethaVani, Feb 18, 2007.

1. GeethaVani

GeethaVani New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

It's been long time since I logged into this site 'coz I was held up with establishing a company of my own.I'm still in the same process but felt like looking into this site and really felt like finding some friends not only in Seoul but around the world.

So please ladies don't mistake me for not being seriously involved in indusladies forums...and find time to talk to me and share ur ideas with me aswell through indusladies.

from now on I regularly check this site and wait for your response.

Expecting response for this post.

Geetha:wave

2. kalyaninj

kalyaninj New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am new to this community.Let me introduce myself firstly.
    I am Kalyani,Married just an year back.My spouse got a job offer from an Engineering Company from Seoul,South Korea.And we both will be coming to south Korea in a month's time.
    I am working as a Recruiter in Mumbai,India.And now even I wanted to work in Seoul,South Korea as a Recruiter,but I am not getting a proper guidance from any of the sites.Can anyone quote your suggestions on getting a job in South korea please.
    As far as I know Indians can't get a job as English teacher because South Korean GOvt Policies says they will process E2 visa to only Native english speakers like,U.S, U.K, canadian citizens.

Is there anyone in ths community who has worked in korea already or is working in korea presently.Please let me know.

Love,
    Kalyani.

3. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

hi kalyani,
    I am Mohammed Rizwan, working in seoul as a professor and R & D associate. the native english speaker will be considered for visa only if u r coming to teach english. however here they give preference to americans and canadians. regarding the technological aspect such as IT and computer there is no problem. by the way i am in teaching as well as in development. i teach computer in english not in korean. hope i clarified ur doubt, if u need further help, reply back.

4. kalyaninj

kalyaninj New IL'ite

Hi Rizwan,
    Thanks for your reply.Great that you are working as a lecturer.
    Well, I am basically a HR Recruiter.And I wish to continue my career in Recruitments even in Seoul.But I am not able to find any good consultancies on the net in Korea.
    Can you please guide me on getting a job as a Recruiter in Seoul,South Korea please? I guess south koreans are are poor in advertisements.whatever I search I find only engligh teaching job and nothing more.
    Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kalyani

5. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

hi there,
    accroding to me in HR jobs communication is very important, if u r in recruitement ur communication must be very good,, here i am pointing out to korean communication.... by the way in companies like samsung, LG and hyundai there are software professionals from india and for recruitement i dont think they consider only english,, but still i am not sure... my friend is working in accenture bangalore as a senior HR, accenture is having a branch in seoul also.. i will speak to her and know the requirement in seoul for level 5 companies,,, after that i can tell u the exact position of jobs in korea. lets hope for the best, i will find out some links and send u as soon as i come across in net. by the way i dont know abt ur experiance and qualification.

6. kalyaninj

kalyaninj New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have done Bachelors In Business Management.I have 2.8years of total work experience in Recruitments in Banking & Finance,Manufacturing,Engineering and IT Domain.All these days i was working for Manpower Placement Consultancies.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks for your favour,
    Regards,
    Kalyani

7. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

hey thats good to know even i did my bachelors in business management, but later i did my master in computer application,,, by the way 2.8 years is not bad, but i think minimum they look for above 5 years,,, but still let me use my contacts regarding ur job,,, dont lose hope,, but as u know here they give lot of preference to korean language,, so it mi8 become difficult but not impossible.. by the way do u have any computer exposure, because here everything is computerised. have positive thought,, lets see wat we can do. till then take care. bye

8. kalyaninj

kalyaninj New IL'ite

Hi,
    I knows the basics like word,excel,powerpoint etc.I haven't learned any advanced language.As such for my profession this is more than sufficient.
    Well, I can learn Korean Language Once I come to Seoul.Lets hope for the best.
    Take Care,
    Bye
    Kalyani.

9. rizwan

rizwan New IL'ite

10. kalyaninj

kalyaninj New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks a lot.I will check the links.

Regards,
    Kalyani