1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 6

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Aug 28, 2010.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Have a great weekend ladies.
    I am a little relaxed after A's birthday celebrations. Planning to devote the weekend to planning our future .... I want to give more time for hobbies....

2. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

I am new to this thread. Being a mom of 5 month old baby girl is keeping me busy. My mother just went back to india.. so now its only me , DD and DH at home.. My DH leaves for work at 8 am and will be back by 8 pm. Its only me and DD for 12 hours at home. She always wants me to be in front of her. I can't do any other work except entertaining her. of course i enjoy playing with her, but sometimes i get bored. I feel like i want some time for my self.

she doesn't sleeps for long during the day time. she sleeps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon if i sleep along with her or if she is sleeping on my lap. I don't know when she will sleep on her own.. I am still rocking her to put her off to sleep. I am tired.I wish i have my parents and in laws with me to take care of DD. Atleast i can have some time for myself.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

AD,

you have me blushing:) haa haa like the mother spaceship or something...

how have you been?

Ramya,

good luck dear.. i'm at a point where i can't even plan the following day properly:(

welcome here Adimom.. i've 2 kids. my 5.5 yr old son goes to pre-school. my 2+ yr old girl joined a day care just couple of weeks back.

see i think until now your baby has got used to having someone entertaining her constantly. but thank your luck she's only 5 months old and you can change that habit. they do understand with time that mom has work to do and she'll be back later. see how well you can form a kind of schedule. like you play with her for 20 minutes, for example, tell her you'll be back after making food. also for sleeping... start leaving her in her bed instead of you sleeping with her. she'll definitely protest in the beginning but will get used to it in few weeks.

i usually (used to) take my time on week-ends leaving the husband and children home. you'll get back your time for sure don't worry:)

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Ladies, hope all of you feel well and happy with your families. Real life calls - lots of changes over the next few weeks at my end, some of them really good ones - my parents will be moving close to us, and some not so good - I need to be doing a round of docs/labs/dentists (with due apologies to the brilliant ones here) - yuck!
    Hope to catch up with all of you soon. I will stay in touch with those of you, I have gotten to meet over mail. Stay safe, stay happy.

5. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

ladies I need sum help, DS caught his first cold, it's runny n colourless , I'm using the bulb syringe to remove his mucus .... n giving him vapour rubs, he is not able to sleep well n for the first time since his birth we r having sleepless nights, I feel so sad when he is trying to breath so hard :(

I knw it's part of growing up .... n his immune system will get strong as days pass ,

is they any tips to make him feel better

6. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Rose, how are you doing? is LO doing better now? hopefully he is much better now.

I feel very sad to open this thread.. you know why!!!

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

oh my AD, why sad? all well?

y'day we did Vidya arambam for both kids at home. DS wrote om on rice with no fuss. and he even recited a sloka with no 'no':) i'm still wondering what happened to my baby;)

life is pretty hectic for me with days getting shorter and still trying to get a grasp of this whole logistics stuff. anyway monday is done with. next week is halloween at DS' pre-school. i happened to see their rehearsal today... really cute:)

hope all are well...

8. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

@arthidiva.. why r so sad???

my lo is feeling much better.

I thought I would update , but I have being going for therapy for PD, it's not all bad it's just my mood swings make me very sad n Teary , so promised my DH that I would not be visit sites that make me feel sad.

I'm going India next month , so change of plc, I'm looking forward for that.

I hope all is well with you ladies n your LO's. xx

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

take care Rose. this too shall pass.

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Latha, me sad simply because I am missing you guys.. I am not ranting to the walls only!! give me love to everyone.. hmmm. I dfntly need a space in IL to chat with you guys man.. why dont you visit chit chat forums here (do let others know).. just to say a hi, pass on positive vibes, send some hugs, rant a little, brag a little types.. missing so much you know.. dont judge me as desperate! I already am :))

I have been sleep deprived past few days.. DS is having troubled sleep late after 1am until 4am.. but last night was fair enough.. it was better but I am still yawning at work.. me needs some sleep.

Rose, good to know LO is doing well.. PD? take care of yourself.. good that you will have a change of place soon, that will set your heart and mind alright. hugs to you.