Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Info about Application issue for admission to LKG in DAV and SBOA

hi manju,

Sorry i dont know about the new spartan cbse. i dont know about the distance parameter. are you sure?. i think you are in the ambattur area zone (assuming you mentioned industrial estate) why not check TI school.it is a very reputed school. and also varloo could help you as she is from that area.

but sboa, i dont know the limitation for lkg..but there is a limitation for other classes. and the donation also is a factor...i had considered sboa for my children last year....

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I had come across this information that DAV was going to open a new school at pallikaranai..(the area was somewhere near jerusalem engineering) from the coming year.

Is anybody aware of it...

3. geetha123

geetha123 New IL'ite

Need help regarding Chennai schools

Hi,

I'm in US for the past 7yrs, and I'm planning to return to chennai next year. I have 2kids who is 9yrs and 4yrs old. My son will be going to 6th grade next year. Right now, I need help finding out good schools. I don't have plans to put them in International schools as they are too far from my residence. My friends say that CBSE schools are much better than Matric (curriculam wise). How far is this true? and the major problem is the second languag. Is there any school where they start freshly the second lang from 6th grade ?? Please help me with this. I'm so confused. I want to give my kids the best education as well as, not to put lot of pressure on them.

Thank you

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Need help regarding Chennai schools

hi geetha123,

All the best for your return to india. You have not mentioned where you are going to settle once you are in chennai. based on your location, we can list out the schools..

yes, international schools are all on the suburbs.. and are costly. cbse schools are good. and there are certain schools which really are accomodative about the second language factor.

but at the same time try to decide what you want your kids to learn as second language. if it is french there are very few schools that offer at 6th standard. if it is sanskrit or hindi, then opt for sanskrit as it becomes easier than hindi.

You can check out the schools inchennai thread...and if you have more questions post it here...we will all try to help you as far as possible..:2thumbsup:

5. roselotus

roselotus New IL'ite

Re: DAV schools

Hi all,
    Thanks for the information.
    satya.

6. roselotus

roselotus New IL'ite

Re: DAV schools

Hi ramya,
    Thanks for the information.
    I didn't know whether they changed the rule like one of the parents should be a government employee a few years back?
    When did you complete your studies? Is it possible for you to ask one of your school employees or principal whether they have this rule. I would be very glad if you could find that.
    Thank you.
    Satya.

7. shanthirekha

shanthirekha New IL'ite

Some more advice please regarding admission

Hi
    IAm Shanthi and have just registered myself in this site.
    I need advice.
    Iam in Chennai and my son is studying in Bala Vidya Mandir in Adyar. My daughter thereby gets automatic admission into that school. My daughter will be turning three on April 2 of 2008. The admission criteria for LKG in BVM is the child should turn 3 years by March 31.

What I want to know is - Will the school allowing admission for June 2008 by excusing those two days. Or are they very particular about it? If anyone knows about this school can you guide me and advise how I should proceed. Is ther any way I can talk to the school and make sure they admit her by 2008?

If the school does not allow admission this year, do you think it is wise for me to wait until next year and admit her in bala vidya mandir or put her in Shankara or some other school.

Thanks a lot. Any advice is welcome.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  8. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Re: Need advice regarding admission

Hi Shanthi,

Welcome to IL...

Regarding your daughter's admission, I do not know whether the school will admit her this academic year. Even I have a similar problem with my daughter. She turned 3 years on May 4, 2007. But for many schools, the age criteria for admission to LKG is 3 years completed by March 31. Since my child did not satisfy that criteria, I am waiting for this years admission.

She will turn 4 years on May 4, 2008, when she will go to LKG. I don't think it is a problem if you wait for another year and put her in LKG next year in 2009. You can admit her in a play school this year and wait for admissions next year.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Need advice regarding admission

hi shanthi,

I think you can just let her enjoy this year and put your daughter in kg next year.

My son went to kg at 4 only. he was in play school at 3.

Though there are lot of people who would advice you that you can admit her now at 3. it is upto you.

the 3+ clause is mandatory to fulfill the age criteria for the 10th exams.

10. smrithijay

smrithijay New IL'ite

Re: Good Schools in Chennai - A website with good information

Hi everybody,
    My daughter is 3 1/4 old.Now we have joined her in a nearby play school.Next year we want to put her in a good cbse school.We are residing in Madipakkam.Can anyone suggest which school is the best.We want to put her in DAV Velachery or Arsha Vidya Mandir.For PSBB Millienium school the age criteria is 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 for Pre KG.They don't take admission for LKG unless there is a vacancy.My husband is a dentist.I need a right advice.please.