1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

"Workout Daily" Support Group: Share your daily exercise routines here.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Anandchitra, Nov 21, 2007.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Akila where are you? :hiya

Yesterday I did ab crunches 501set on mat, 30x1 and 50x1set on inclined bench. Then 30x2sets of leg press with 15 and 10kg each. 10minutes cardio on stepper.

PS: My arms are so sore and instructor has told its time ot increase the weight to 4kg:hide: Which is best for toning? increasing weight or increasing counts on same weight?

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ami,

that was a great workout, keep it up:thumbsup

I think increasing the weights will work the best, as our muscles get used to a certain weight, they do not respond well to the same weight over time, so increasing weight is good. But listen to your body and take it slowly. it is good that you have an instructor to guide you in the process, talk to him about your comfort level and how far you can push yourself.

Today, I went to the gym, ran on the treadmill for 20 mins - 2.75 km. inner and outer thighs 50 lbs x 2 sets of 8, triceps and biceps 3 sets of 8, abs 50 crunches, obliques 50 each, ended with stretches.

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Went to my body sculpt class today and did 1 hr of good workout.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Akila, what is body sculpt class?
    Yes, I am lucky to have an instructor ,and it's is a she too. So I feel more comfortable:) These days she knows my limits more than myself, she will make me do more sets than I can think I could do. but at the end I will be able to do it well.

Yesterday I did a 10minute cardio on stepper, 30x2sets on glute machine with 20Kg. Leg raise on bench 50x2sets, 25x4sets of situps and 20x1set of side raise.

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi amihere,

Body sculpting is a class where weights are incorporated into the regular abs workout. It is very good for muscle building and you feel the soreness the next day but it helps a great deal in toning your body.

It begins with a warm-up like running,slight jogging,squats etc. Again this could be different with each instructor. Sometimes big balls (aerobic balls) are used to tone the body. We sit on the ball and lift weights with hands or sometimes sleep and lift the ball with legs. Phew!!!! It is a killer ab workout !!

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pman thanks for clarifying, so i think I am doing sokme sculpting too. I do my ab crunches with two balls a yellow less weight one and a orange heavy one. Sometimes she makes me do side raises with ankle weights, also leg raise with ball in between our ankles. all these too come in this category?

7. jollyshilpy

jollyshilpy New IL'ite

Hello all

Just wanted to say I went to India for 3 weeks so did not post here. I am taking a break from the gym (I still have 10 kgs to loose). I have to settle my girl back in a routine and will be back after that.

all the best

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shilpa hope you had a great time in India. Love to see you back soon.
    Yesterday I missed my workout:hide:

9. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    I was away for almost 20 days regarding my work;though not on a regular basis,i used to alternate between some yoga movements and toning with 1 ltr water bottles.:wave

Today morning i resumed my 45 minutes brisk walk;planning to re-start strengthening from tomorrow.will keep you posted.

geevee

10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    Started from home at 5.35am and did brisk walking till 6.15am.Felt slightly lazy to get up but scolded myself and went for the walk.Feels good now.

geevee