1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

unusual bleeding before periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by meghanshu, Sep 22, 2007.

1. meghanshu

meghanshu New IL'ite

Hi All,

For past 6 years I' m going thru this problem of unusual bleeding week before my periods . sometimes i get some spotting during 12-14th day of my cycle. I'm really depressed as we are planning for a 2nd baby and its not happening . have showed to atleast 4 gynac's and all say the same thing hormonal imbalance or i'm not ovulating regularly.

I'm very nervous to go for a infertility treatment. Does any of the ladies are going thru the same problem . if so pls write me back so that we can help eachother .

Thanks

Meghanshu

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Maghanshu
    If u r regularry having the bleeding around 12 -14 day of period this may be due to ovulation itself ,sometimes in some females ovulation cuses this spotting with some pain in abdomen like pain during periods but is only for few hours to day & not usually severe.( its not due to some disease )
    If u r planning for 2nd baby & not conceiving get an patency test for tubes which may blocked some time due to some small infection .
    If bleeding doesnot have a regular pattern then get a complete gynec checkup which wud also help in finding the cause of not conceiving .
    Jaishree

3. meghanshu

meghanshu New IL'ite

hey,

Thanks Jaishree for the info i really did not know about the bleeding of 12-14th day is due to Ovulation . I ve got a complete chk up done from GYnac and she advices for an infertility treatment which i'm nervous but will anyway go for it.

Thanks once again

4. sakich

sakich New IL'ite

Hi Meghna

I have a similar problem. Maybe since i started mensurating i have spotting in betweens. Had gone to the doctor then but they said everthing will be fine. I have been married for past 9 years now but still not pregnant. 2 years after marriage when i had a visit to India i went to a lady doctor again to consult and she said that if you are spotting in mid cycle it could be because you are ouvalating and some eggs may escape and hence spotting may occur. Well when i came back i waited for another 4 years but no luck. Hence i started my infertility treatment. It was tiresome. First 2 months they asked to get my morning temprature to determine whether i ovulate or not. Then they did pap smears, and then the clomid cycle for nearly 2 years. It is normally advised not to take these medicines for more than a year but i took for nearly 2 years and half. Then they also performed a laprascopy on me to find if everyting was fine inside, that cost me somewhere around $12 K . But no result. I have stopped all procedures right now and just waiting for a miracle.
    At least you seem to have a prior child so maybe you may have a chance of conceiving again. Maybe this infertility thing is just tempory.
    I will pray for you.
    Thanks
    Good Luck.

5. Lakshmi27

Lakshmi27 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I am also facing the same problem of spotting before one week my period is due..I am 29 when consulted a doc she suggested 3 months prescription . my periods were normal with medicine but without medicine again iam having the same problem.Please could you suggest me what's going on and iam ttc asap.
    Thanks,
    Lakshmi

6. meghanshu

meghanshu New IL'ite

Hey Lakshmi,
    it's been 3 years now for me . After all the test and procedure they figured out that I have Endometeriosis and that's the reason of my infertility and unusual bleeding chk with your doctor if that could be the reason if you are trying to concieve

goodluck and take care

7. coolviji

coolviji New IL'ite

Hi Meghanshu,

I am in the same boat and underwent laparascopy and now on lupron. Did you undergo any other surgery after lupron treatment?

Thanks,
    Viji