1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

One fellow gave me a oil (karisalanganni in tamil). I will post the developments.

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

This oil(along with heated coconut oil+lemon juice, castor oil, amla oil) treatment seems to work. There is no fresh scaling in the skin. Earlier i used to see patches of white in scalp, but now scalp looks little oily and good. Now all my anguish is, had i got this oil long back, i would have saved my thick dense hair years back.

3. Meenavijay

Meenavijay New IL'ite

hi,

you can use pure vegetable glycerine for dandruff.

just apply it on the scalp leave it for 20 minutes and wash off with mild shampoo.

It worked for my winter dandruff.

Hope it helps.

4. thuya

thuya New IL'ite

hi friends

hi friends.:hiya
    am married 6 months back nw am in chennai.. am having dandrof n hair fall too for more then a year..now am having more hair fall s may due to change of water
    wat can i do?
    tel me some product n home made treatment too

5. priya ram

priya ram New IL'ite

Re: hi friends

Hi Thuya!!

Don't worry be happy!:thumbsup

When you have this problem please

1.Don't leave your hair oily , this would allow bacteria to breed!!
    2.Please use a separate comb.
    3.Apply oil 15mins before bath and then take a head wash
    4.Lemon is a perfect cure for your problem.
    5.Have henna conditioning for your hair and this can be done in a parlor and inform them that you have this problem.

Problem still persist please consult a Doctor.

Cheers!!
    Priya Ram

(FOR EVERY PROBLEM THERE IS SOLUTION!!):idea

6. thuya

thuya New IL'ite

thanks a lot priya:goodidea:

7. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

once ur hair get used to the water .. hair fall problem will be under control....

If u doubt water u can try using mineral water for final rinse...

you can apply neem oil for dandraff .. its very effective for dandraff and hair fall too....

you can also try apple cider vineger for dandraff... dilute apple cider vinger with water 1:2

drink more water as it will hydrate scalp and skin and inturn will control dandraff...

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All

I have serious dandruff problems and its been since my school days..initially tried all home remedies like curd,henna,this tat,wat not i have not applied.if i just hear the words "dandruff remedy",i immediately try it not even thinking again..but nothin seem to work
    later visited doctor before my marriage and did it on a continous basis after marriage too...i was advised to take lot of water,decrease the stress level(working in IT,so that cannot be done) etc etc...later i conceived and even after delivery(LO is 13 months old now),my dandruff problem dint get resolved...i am using the medicines prescribed by the doctor,it is like i def have to use those medicines,shampoos(once every 3 days) otherwise the dandruff shows out
    Can this dandruff problem really be cured...u all can see how many years am i suffering from this problem and tried all medicines but no use...its like till i use,its fine..later it starts again..
    Two things i have not tried till now
    (1) taking parlour treatment
    (2) complete Ayurvedic treatment by visiting some ayurvedic doctor

please advise me..
    will my problem completely get resolved if i do the above mentioned?
    if anyone has very bad dandruff problem which u found really difficult to cure but cured atlast,i require ur feedback?
    Please help me..this Dandruff is killing me........

9. drrenuka

drrenuka New IL'ite

try some natural anti dandruff shampoos which are made up of herbs, very effective & safe. For hair fall and dandruff, the crushed or boiled seeds of fenugreek alone have been found to restore the hair shaft. The seeds also contain hormone precursors that replenish hair growth.

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hi..thanks for the fenugreek tip...last week went to kottaikal and consulted the doctor there...he asked me to try mixing neem powder with aloevera and then apply on head and after 1 hr ,i have to take head bath(yet to try this)..other than this he has prescribed 2 medicines(1 oil and 1 kashayam)...letme try all these