School admission at Ahmedabad now

Discussion in 'Ahmedabad' started by Bhuvanas, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Bhuvanas

Bhuvanas New IL'ite

Hi Ahmedabad Friends,

I'm from chennai, tamilnadu. My son is studying in 4th Standard. My huband has got a job in Ahemadabad. We would like shift to Ahemadabad this November itself. Is it possible to get admission in Prakash School for my son?(this academic year itself) Please tell me

And one more thing. here my son is learning Tamil as his third language. (second language is Hindi) What are the options available as third language in your state?

2. Hetalpanchal

Hetalpanchal New IL'ite

Hi Bhuvanas,

Firstly congratulations for the new opportunity and Welcome to Ahmedabad. I'm sure you'll fall in love with this city of mine. Because it is said once one lands up in Gujarat, they make it their home.

Well, for the admission into Prakash School, you really have to come over and check at that time of the year if admission will be possible...although it seems to be a difficult proposition. If you are planning to admit your son in Prakash School then keep in mind that the school do not provide transport facility; therefore, its better if you move into a nearby locality around Sandesh Press.

I'm not too sure about the third language part. Hope someone from Ahmedabad can help..

:thankyou2:

Hetal

3. abikeerthu

abikeerthu New IL'ite

Hi Friends

I'm based at chennai and we are planning to relocate to ahmedabad next academic year (due to my husband's job). I have kids studying in 6th std and 2nd std. I would like to know about the second and third language in CBSE as well as GSEB. How is Zydus school and Mount Carmel school? Friends please help.

4. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Dear Bhuvanas,

Welcome to Ahmedabad!

I guess Hetalpanchal has answered a good part of your query. I'd like to know if there is any particular reason for choosing Prakash School. I guess it is one of the 2 CBSE schools in Ahmedabad; the other being DPS.

In Prakash school, the third language starts from sixth standard and you have to choose between Gujarati or Sanskrit. In DPS, the third language as usual from Std VI is either Gujarati, French or Sanskrit.

Hope this helps.

Seuli

5. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

Prakash school is really good. I studied in prakash. me and my brother both studied there.

6. Pallavikadam

Pallavikadam New IL'ite

Hi Bhuvanas,

Firstly congratulations for the new opportunity and Welcome to Ahmedabad. I'm sure you'll fall in love with this city of mine. Because it is said once one lands up in Gujarat, they make it their home.

Well, for the admission into Prakash School, you really have to come over and check at that time of the year if admission will be possible...although it seems to be a difficult proposition. If you are planning to admit your son in Prakash School then keep in mind that the school do not provide transport facility; therefore, its better if you move into a nearby locality around Sandesh Press.

I'm not too sure about the third language part. Hope someone from Ahmedabad can help..

:thankyou2:

7. Pallavikadam

Pallavikadam New IL'ite

8. adis6162

adis6162 New IL'ite

Hello all,
    I am new on this great community, if you having face any type of problem in Ahmadabad then plz tell me. i will solve it.
    thnxs..

9. Deepthy1983

Deepthy1983 New IL'ite

Hi

We are in Chennai right now...nd my husband have been transfred to ahemdabad.....we r trying for a good school in ahmedabad for mid-term admissions.....Is euro school a good school? .....what are the other options available?...we have tried udgam, Prakash, DAV etc but in vain....Can anybody help?.....