1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hate gifts to MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by incarnation, Sep 13, 2010.

1. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

inc,i left finally cos i dont want my life to be like FILs like and i always wonder what kinda person is my DH who couldnt see the good in me but expected me to put up with her bad behaviour 100%,all the time.when in some cases,mama;s boys can stay quiet and not get involved why he never did even that much?
    i dont think this problem would ever be fixed unless and until DH thinks,realises on his own afterall he has known his mum for more than 30 years and we all know how are parents are.isnt it? i could have had some hope if he spent a lil time with me,IF he thought 'there is some basic relationship prob'.why do we need to live in the same room all our lives like strangers....

2. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

Inc, i have one more suggestion... you know about garuda puran (lead story line in movie anniyan/aparichit). It lists the punishments given in hell for different sins.
    would love to gift a copy of it to MIL/SIL/FIL or anyone that makes our life hell. :thumbsup
    this may be a first in line of many punishments them
    Anthakoopa:Torturing lives and inhumane activities
    punishment - Biting by wild animals; wild run over by animals

edit: it is said not to read garuda purana at home. i dont know if it applies if we read its simplified form online.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  3. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

good , gift a copy of excerpts to them with applicable to you and... from GOD..

4. incarnation

Arey , what happened , weekend are you buying the gifts discussed here , what ??:rotfl:rotfl

Can see folks coming up new spicy and fresh ideas, comeon be more enterprising..Need more entries...

I want this thread more active : because :
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]hazaaroN KHwahishaiN 'eisee ke har KHwahish pe dam nikle
    bohot nikle mere armaaN lekin fir bhee kam nikle

hindi and urdu folks will understand it , let me translate it for you...

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Thousands of desires, tantalizing one and all, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] many of them were fulfilled yet so many remain unfulfilled [/FONT]

hehehe , it is a serious one but fits in wickedly here ... hehehe...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  5. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

Hai,
    Although I am unmarried and dont have the experience of being a daughter in law, still try this out. Give a photo to ur MIL wherein u and ur MIL both have given an intimate pose very close to each other (like kissing, smiling together while ur face is touching her face) on some special occasions. She has totally forgotten the incident of taking the snap by u on that day. And see what happens now. :thumbsup

6. incarnation

padma77 ,

Hope u get a nice MIL in future,so much that you forget this thread too ...

-inc

7. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

my MIL is a v superstitious person so i'd giver her rosary and ask her that Pandit ji said that you shoud count prayer on it,sitting in x direction especially in the balcony b/w 12-3pm so that it can keep our home away from negative energy.
    reason-cos when our doggy was just 1.5month old and there'd be only me and her in the house,she used to keep him in the balcony in the scorching heat (41 degree C in march).:rant

8. incarnation

how barbaric deed done by your MIL , I am not a dog lover , but I understand what is feeling of pain be it human/ animal...

do give her this gift...
    My MIL also superstitious but when she can see the pain involved to her for that , she simply nullifies that for herself bu finding a stupid caveat , but that can still be valid for others..

9. shinimkumar

shinimkumar New IL'ite

hi incar,

i have gave a pic of hus ,mil and me...like padma said...i'm keeping my hand on her shoulder...but no use...with a foto stand i gave it.....i really wasted a good foto stand which was given by our friend.....

10. incarnation

:clap:clap:clap , you have applied the formulas despite my grave warnings....Haha...

You dont know what is going inside her...
    But also some chikna ghada(callous people) doent get affected , may be she may use it show to others that how the whole family is ..but at same time she will feel a pinch inside for sure...You will not figure it out easily ..trust me..

and replace the photoframe..you will see the pinch then and there ;-)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010