1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 6

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Aug 28, 2010.

1. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Ladies how long did the post pratum hair loss did you face ?

Mine started those mnt n it's hair every where .... At this rate I'll be bald by next mnt :spin

2. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

thanks everyone for the reassurances. She thus completed her first week in daycare. yday she had a temperature and we sat at home. her carer was telling she didnt cry at all today except when my husband left her.

Latha, does your little one cry when you leave? almost everyone i know are telling me that LOs would eventually like the daycare.

rose, mine started after 3 months, it got better after 9 months.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Rekha,

yes she did cry till the day before. on wednesday i told her 'now say bye to amma' and she ran to the door and started screaming (with tears) 'no amma no bye'. then the caretaker took her, hugged her and i sneaked out. thursday and this morning she said bye somewhat reluctantly but didn't cry. she went to play with one of the kids.

Rose,

i didn't face hair loss problem with both pregnancies. are you continuing the iron supplements? i did till the time i breast fed the kiddos.

ahh i'm glad week-end has arrived. no hurry burry... i'm going to take things easily..

4. divyaprashmenon

divyaprashmenon Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have been reading your posts on and off...but didn't get time to join here and post a message here.

I am Divya,mom to 4 year old,Daksha and 3.5 months old,Krishay...
    Today Daks had 4 year old shots and is very much cranky...She is having pain on both the legs...I am a bit worried as she had no problems with the shots till now...I am just praying she is better tomorrow morning..

Adita and Nate are of my son's age...

Krishay has not rolled over yet..He is very much chubby,so it might take some more time,i guess...

Rest in next..
    Divya

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Rose, my pp hairfall started at 4.5 months (I remember the half month because it coincided with our first holiday) and then went on till 8 months. I thought I am gonna lose it all, but it came back quite nicely (with a lot more grey than I like). Take your vitamins/Iron and eat a healthy food and you will be good. The one thing I do notice is it takes really long for it to grow long. I have given up and kept my hair short now.
    Divya, Krishay sounds really nice. What does it mean? DS rolled over at 6 months and was in the normal range. So Krishay is doing fine.
    SB, love your new signature. Any relation to Winston ;-)
    Rekha, do you have a 24-hour fever free policy in day cares? hope little one is feeling better. Are you attached to a university or industry-based research?
    Raindrop, my child is almost 4 years old. I am still hanging on to the infants thread because how much it relieves the stresses you face when it comes to parenting.
    DS is finally showing interest in colouring things. I really need to appreciate the effort the school is putting in in teaching him pencilling. After h/schooling him for the last year I do know how difficult that is. Thank heavens. Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

6. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Rose, Hair loss is still (14 months) continuing for me but it is a lot better than before.

Rekha, Kudos to Laya for being a lovely girl in day care. It is very true that the kids get adapted the new environment eventually. Though I leave my DD at home with my in-laws, she cries when I start to work. But after sometime she understands and plays without missing me much. The hug that we have after I reach home will soothe all our missing feelings.

Latha, Good to hear that little A is getting adapted. Hope you are also learning to leave her without getting upset.

Divya, Welcome here. How is Dakhs now. Krishay name sounds different and nice.

Tikka, Yes I too had the same thought if both Churchills' were related :)

DD is now scribbling on the walls with the crayons. I try to make her scribble on paper, but she is not intrested. DH and in-laws encourare her to scribble on the wall. The good part is that she scribbles only on one particular wall and will not do anywhere else. The moment you give her a crayon, she happily runs to that wall:)

Hi to all missing mommies. Login back soon.

7. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Thanks ladies .... It's a relief that hair loss is temporary... Phew!

Now I have sum bigger problem here.... These days I'm getting too emotional , it's so not me , I didn't feel like this even during my pregnancy period, every thing makes me emotional .... If it realates to child even more.... Other day I was watching cove documentary, was crying my eyes off thinking abt all the evil happening in the world.

Yesterday on fb you get these links to join causes... I see a child abuse link n the how sum cruel n inhuman ppl toucher infants babys (baby braina ) I was not able to remove thoses images off my head.... Need not say my eyes are swollen from all the crying I did.

I just dnt want nate to go out of my sight .... I get angry on dh if he does nt pick him up at the first cry... Dh was asking if everything was ok , I just sd I was too tired n did nt get sleep..... So he started to clean the whole house , bless him. But I'm not able to cum out these feeling... It's driving me mad, I'm getting scared I'll get PD.

These are just one or two examples... Whole day there is something going on my mind , n there are not happy thoughts.... I keep staring at DS all the time even when he is sleeping.

8. divyaprashmenon

divyaprashmenon Senior IL'ite

Rose,

I am in the same boat.....I feel the same way....
    I thought it might be the postpartum depression and I am trying to spend more time with my DD to avoid all such thoughts....2 days before,I was thiinking why i'm thinking negative about all things....may be, this is juz a phase:)...Try to engage usrelf in some activities all the time...one of my friend said it helps to come out of this phase..

I am also having HUGE hair loss....I didnt have this much with my first delivery.....

Hi to all other moms..

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Rose,

I think it's something to do with us becoming mothers. the way i look at things has changed completely. news on child abuse, poverty etc., esp disturb me a lot. not that i was any less compassionate earlier but it troubles me a lot more.

today was a good start to the week but i have an upset tummy. some indigestion.. wonder why it happens pretty often. couldn't do any work today.

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi girls, how are you all doing? welcome to the newbies.. Hope you enjoy this space.. I have had a great time in this thread.. call it a blast..

I have soooo much to share but I am just controliing my tongue (some of you know how difficult that can be) so I wont disturb your mood with my silly rants.. I will unload it someother time (elsewhere) hmm.. I know I am blabbing too much now.

something that I want to share now - my DS, P (3.6 yrs old) decided to make me and DH go crazy this sunday.. he was hyper, he decided to not hear us talk, yell, scream, watever.. he was doing his own thing.. continued to do his own thing all day.. I even cried for sometime in front of him uncontrollably because he gave a damn to what I was telling him.. looks like I just could not accept it. I lost all my energy and eventually cried.. he didnt understand why I was crying but he still managed not to mind it at all.. it was so unlike him.. if I cry, he usually hugs me and lies on my shoulders until I am alright. he was so diff that day.. end of the day me and DH felt we are raising a little monkey here! seriously I could associate all he did that day to a baby monkey (fun intended) :)) the next morning he seemed very normal, sweet LO who could hear every single thing I said.. not that he obeyed all the time, but he heard me alright.. and responded! Phew.. baby monkey gone.. return of my child.

girls, have you had such experiences with your kids? I wish such days dont come at all.. I wish I could have handled that day better..