Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. roselotus

roselotus New IL'ite

DAV schools

Hi all,
    Iam new to this site.
    Iam searching for some good schools in chennai for my daughter to join LKG.
    I heard from someone that to join DAV gopalapuram, one of the criteria must be one of the parents should be a government worker. Iam in US. I would be very glad if anyone can get the information from the school whether it is one of the criterias.
    Thank you.
    Satya.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  2. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Re: DAV schools

Hi,

I don't think so one of the parent must be a govt employee. Might be u check with the school by calling them
    DAV Senior Secondary School

<ADDRESS>212/213, [​IMG]Lloyds Road
    Gopalapuram,
    Chennai 600086
    </ADDRESS><ADDRESS>Phone: (44) 28352866 (correct if i am wrong, because i got the number through google)</ADDRESS><ADDRESS> </ADDRESS><ADDRESS> </ADDRESS>

3. roselotus

roselotus New IL'ite

Dav Schools

Iam searching for some good schools in chennai for my daughter to join LKG. I heard from someone that to join DAV gopalapuram, one of the criteria must be one of the parents should be a government worker. Iam In US. Can Anyone get the information from the school whether it is one of the criterias to join the school?
    Thank you.
    satya.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi satya,

about dav gopala puram... there is no crieria as to the parent being a govt. employee.. may be you heard if you have somebody at top positions you can use that power.....

as such it is very difficult to get a seat there....all the best...............

5. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Hello Satya ma'am, a very cheerful evening!

Good that you have chosen the best school that will mold your child's career. Am proud to say that am a Ex-student of that prestigious institution. :-D Its great to be a DAVite (Gopalapuram). It is not mandatory that the parent must be a govt employee. I can assure you that.

Why don't you have a word our Principal there, Mrs. Lalitha Chandhrasekaran (ma'am). She is a personality who left a remarkable impact on my own self.

All the very best to you and your sweet daughter:-D.

Do share with me the glad news after your daughter's admission there.!

Awaiting reply.:2thumbsup:

6. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Is it necessary for us to talk to the Principal before application issue from the school?? Also, is there any restriction in the number of applications issued in DAV schools... I am planning to try for admission for my daughter in DAV Senior Secondary School, Mogappair...

What about the distance restriction from the school to the child's residence... I have heard DAV schools are keeping that as a constraint for giving admissions... Is this true... I am asking all these because I think u are a DAV student....

Please help me to clarify my doubts.....

7. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Info about Application issue for admission to LKG in DAV and SBOA

Hi all,

Do any one have idea when DAV Mogappair and SBOA school and Junior College issue application for admission to LKG for June 2008 session... Also, is there any restrictions in the number of applications issued from these schools....Please help... I am planning to try for admission for my daughter in these schools...

8. bagy

bagy New IL'ite

does anyone know anything about vels vidyashram? also, i heard that psbb millenium has classes only upto 8th in the guindy campus. what do they do for the students who pass out 8th?

please help.

thank you

9. RAJICHARAN

RAJICHARAN New IL'ite

Hai
    i have 1 male child. i would like to join him in DAV gopalapuram(CBSE).
    I WANT DETAILS ABOUT ADMISSION TO LKG -
    1. Age limit ,
    2.When -Application issued by school for 2008
    3. any restriction - distance between house to school,
    4. any restriction - parent's qualification
    please give above details to me

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi...vel's vidyashram has upto 10th...so one of our friends has removed his kid from 9th and admitted him at modern school. They will add on classes as the kids pass out that is the 10th students pass ..so they will have a 11th this year....

Welcome to Vels Vidyashram - Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - Vaels Group of Colleges / Schools

Pssbb has a big building...
    About Us so classes will be added...

One note...both have taken guidance from ygp... but both are not related to psbb kk nagar.

and bagy both dont have french...psbb millenium told us they can coach the child in sanskrit.