1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Non stop Periods for 17 days :(

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by vsj1985, Sep 12, 2010.

1. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Tashidelek,

Thanks for your reply. I am planning to meet a new gynac sometime soon, just waiting for the flow to reduce a little before I meet her... as of now, not sure which kind of alternative to take.... DH has been very worried and has been feeding me with healthy stuff like pomegranate, dates and milk..... and a spoon or two of honey once in a while... So that is keeping me going... I haven't done any house work for last 14 days.... will try keeping my legs elevated as well.. Not really sure where I will be able to find the herbal things here in Trichy :(
    Plan to get the iron supplements today... any suggestions which one is good? Please let me know.... Thanks so much for your reply.... Take Care and God Bless...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Usharavi,

Thanks for your reply....... am sorry am not sure what aval is.... is it beaten rice? Also, please give me the recipe as well for this... will be very helpful.... thanks a lot :) Take care and God bless.....

3. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Priya_Mommy,

Thanks so much for your reply..... really appreciate it..... have improved my diet to a great extent, and loads and loads of water :)....

Any ideas what issue this might be, as the gynac is asking me to wait before she can confirm anything..... (she wants to do an internal check up)... I am hoping it is just hormonal stuff and should go away with medicines.. fingers crossed.....

Will go to the hospital tomo in case the bleeding does not reduce.... Once again thanks a lot for your hugs and reply.... I really feel much better.... Take care and God Bless always...

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear VSJ,

My bro's wife has PCOS and she says she took a cycle or two to get adjusted with the medicine. After all it is a hormone adjustment therapy, which the body takes some time to adjust with.

As far as the folic acid supplement is concerned, I take Folvite (5 mg). U can also try iron supplement by amway, this also I take and is very good in regaining energy.

Keep an watch on your food in take. Dates is fine. Try to include spinach, banana etc also.

See a doc as easrly as possible, Dear

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hi, I have a four year old and fertility is not the desired goal for me - advanced maternal age, etc.
    I have the symptoms of PCOS only the last year and a half. I did very poorly on BCP. The meds are traditional meds to improve fertility (asoka mother tincture) and salts and mineral supplements. With the Asoka mother tincture, I see a distinct decrease in bleeding the last cycle - from soaking 15 to 20 XL/overnight ultra pads in three days and another 5 ultra pad it became a very manageable 10 xl pads the entire 4-day cycle. The pain has also been manageable with Magnesium supplements and some pain killers I was prescribed. I am waiting to see how it will be this cycle, I have not had much of the PMS mood swings or bloating or wt gain that usually happens in the two weeks after ovulation. I also swear by magnesium supplementation and eating Mg-rich food.
    I do have a huge 30 min glucose value with Glucose Tolerance Test, for which I need to look at metformin - which is what I suppose your Gyn is considering. I have heard really good things about metformin too.
    I went for a scan after being on the meds for 10 days and the sonologist was of the opinion the cysts are shrinking. But like I said, my symptoms are no where as severe as yours.
    The one thing that did work with me is fried chana dal (or pottu kadalai), through all this heavy bleeding my iron levels have stayed stable. Has anyone else had any experiences with that?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI VSJ,
    I am not forcing you.... Just straighten your body conditions before you plan for!
    Eat healthy & take care of yourself!
    Thanks for your wishes.. :)

7. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Tikka,

Thanks for your detailed reply... I am planning to go to the hospital tomo to get drips... doc said they might need to give me some blood as well... but will get to know after the tests.... fingers crossed... hope things work out well...... I will also consult my doc about the meds you are on and if they might help me... Once again thanks for your reply... really appreciate it :)

8. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Vasumathy,

Thanks for the wishes dear..... As I was also telling Tikka, I am planning to go to the hospital tomo to get drips and do get some tests done... will keep you guys updated... thanks for all the support ladies.... seriously very helpful... really appreciate ur help... :) Take care and God Bless...

9. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi VSJ,

Take care and get well soon. Do keep us posted on this.

God Bless

10. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Just thought I will keep you'll updated... I went to the Gynac... and she has put me on some Tranexamic Acid Tablets to stop the bleeding...... Today is the 19th day since the heavy flow began and now there are clearly sign of stopping. I have taken half of the dose that she gave me and my bleeding has almost stopped (thank God)...

I had also become really weak and was literally even unable to stand for more than 10 mins... so she has put me on iron and folic acid tablets.... still weak but I guess it will be better after a few days...

She asked me to take a scan once the bleeding stops completely and then she will check up whats going on inside...... Fingers crossed... hoping all's fine... Will keep you'll updated...

Once again... thanks a lot for all the support and responses..... each of them were very very helpful... God Bless always... :)