Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sowms, so, you do find time to visit IL occasionally?? Good for me!:)
    To be called Best Mummy by our own child is endearing & touching!!
    That is an easy child-friendly pulao!!
    Love,
    C.

2. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

my latest best friend is the pressure handi i brought with me,,i am thoroughly enjoying the one whistle cooking..today made one whistle sambhar with green peppers,,i can clearly feel the difference in taste..thanks a ton.we had dh's friends for dinner sometime back,inspite of my illness i was able to fix a decent dinner for them,credit goes to you.

fb for mallipoo idlis,not from me but from amma-unga kitta special a solla sonna,,rombhe rombha super nnu.she said the dosas were crispy too.

aarthi

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made the basic white bread yesterday night. But I forgot to brush with oil just before I put it into the oven. Also the tin was not right. Inspite of this, the bread rose well and was looking large. I was able to slice and all that. But still that underdone taste- stcking to the tooth- was there. Today, I went to Currimbhoys at Anna Nagar and bought 2 bread tins, one medium and one small. ANd you know what, that lady who runs the shop asked me if I bake bread and we got into a long conversation about cooking and especially baking. When I told her about our website and also your treasure trove, she was just thrilled, she is a great cooking enthu and was very glad that I told her about IL. I have given all details about IL and she is just waiting to register. It seems that her husband loves healthy breads. ANd she is the director of the shop.
    I bought a spice bag in steel (hope the name is right) from there. They also stock the paper cups for making muffins.
    And I bought a measuring cup set from Big Bazaar some time back, it had 5 cups. I opened it only yesterday and you know- it is an American measuring cup- 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/8 measuring cups. I was so glad. The company is Dreamline.
    Everything is falling into place, accidentally!
    And do check your gmail, I have sent some photos of Archana's marriage.

4. Chitvish

Dear aarthi,
    So, you too have got addicted to 1 whistle cooking?? Good!!:thumbsup
    Amma wasquite amused on hearing my idli recipe. So, I am all the more happy, she tried them successfully!!:)
    Dosai, oothappam all come out perfect!!
    Thanks & love,
    C.

5. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    So, now you have no more valid excuse for not trying bread!!
    Ruby says Adyar Currimbhoys is also extended very much & is very large. My legs are itching to go!!
    I do hope the lady registers & tries out successfully. It will be good for us!!
    Yes, I will check the mail, thanks!
    Love,
    C.

6. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Chitra mami,
    You have no idea how elated I was when I saw your new thread... I've been thinking every morning when you'll be back and have been praying.. Even Presanna was enquiring.. Honestly something big was missing when I couldn't give my feedback to you (even though I'm not a regular one).. I'm so happy that you are back.. I'll put my feedbacks in a later post. Thanks so much for being here for us.. You make a big positive difference in our lives..

Thanks again,
    hema

7. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    Very happy that you are back.From now on the festivals will be more fun.Made Uppu & sweet Kozukattai for Vinayagar Chathurthi - It was really a breeze:bowdown:bowdown.Few weekends back made Pani Puri, DH and DD totally enjoyed it.Lots of repeats including Pizza & Besan-Maida Burfi.Now that you are back I will try new dishes.
    Love,
    Damini.

8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra Mam,

happy to see you back in action.......I was waiting for you for giving me feedbacks...though it is simple...

I made kozhukattai for vinayagar Chaturthi by following your recipe...this time I made the shapes very correctly.....taste also too good.

I made vellaval for Krishna Jayanth.Simple but healthy item I think.

Made potato roast,kalyana alu curry(repeat) turned out good as usual....

the only flop show was medhu vadai...I couldn't make 'vadai' shape....so put them in the oil as bonda....anyway no wastes,taste was good:thumbsup

Thank you so much for the tasteful recipes....

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made rava dosai for dinner yesterday. Due to urgency, the dosas came in bits and pieces and R had a very funny time eating them in instalments. After some dosas, the tawa started to behave. The taste was awesome, I can say that. I shall have to be more careful next time.
    I will be going to Mom's place today, she is undergoing cataract surgery tomorrow. Will be there for a few days. So long!

10. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Mam , sorry to trouble you - both are chips . i want to make a poriyal which will have a chips taste. i tried in house - i mixed the masals with the gaurd and kept aside for 1/2 hr. then i take a kadai and after giving tadka i put in the vegetables and allow it to be cooked . but when i kept it for some more time in the fire it does not come as chips but comes out as burnet varuvals. how can i avoid this burnt effect. can you guide me on this please it will be helpful as i would like to avid deep frying.

nityakalyani