1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to keep 6 months old infant busy?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by newmom2010, Sep 14, 2010.

1. newmom2010

newmom2010 Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

Can you suggest some toys/tools which can keep my 6 month old busy after my mom is gone. I would surely need a nanny but are there any other toys/tools which can keep them busy.

I do get worried about watching too much TV.

What about other things like activity mat, swings - are they helpful?

What are the must haves?

Thanks

NM

2. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

they usually enjoy the musical toys with lights at this age..they wont be able to operate it now..also try some small toys that they can hold in their hand ..they may put most of those things in mouth..so be careful about the material of toy..ocourse they will enjoy the activity mats and swings with some hanging toys in it too..at 6 mos they can reach those toys..DS had one activity toy with some hanging stuffs..when they put it, it sings..it seems he enjoyed it well..

better not to show them the TVs..dont leave the televisions on while they play..they will get distracted by the changing colors and lights in the tv and may not concentrate on toys..

3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hi dear,

Since you are working woman from home, unless your hours and work is flexible, its hard to manage the 6 months younger kid because kids always long for company, they cannot play alone no matter how many toys you put before them, for some time they play, they get diverted easily and needs company again, TV is also noot good for so young kids. So, my advice is to put him in day care for 3 hours daily which gives him chance to interact with other kids and socialize, that way he will be happy to see the mom again when you pick him up and then feels homely playing with toys at home. This is my idea based on my experience.

Sujatha.

4. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I have a 6 month old too and he is very active. I need to think of new ways to keep him busy. Gym mat is definitely a good option if he is not crawling yet. My son didnt crawl till 5 months so i used to put him gym mat and put small toys to him to play.
    If he is standing like mine then u can get a play table. He also likes playing with small toys which make noises.
    -Priya

5. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

a playgym is great, then rockers ... musical toys, rattles... big bright books...