1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hate gifts to MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by incarnation, Sep 13, 2010.

1. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

One of my friend was talking about hate gift she wishes to give to her MIL who is screwing her life endlessly...a letter full of vengeance...

Funnily after some days , I noticed a link on net..for hate gifts to MIL , person , boss , SIL etc...

One interesting one was to MIL : What better gift than a tastefully framed picture of yourself to adorn her mantle? She'll have to put it up - you're family.That was nice one..

It also had a suggestion : to send some stinky socks in a well packaged box..as an unknown person , if you are bold then with your name...

I am sure I will never be taking such great efforts ...
    But was wondering if folks have somethings such silly in their minds...

This post is not a very serious one , but to lighten the mood of many to vent out their all inner frustration/hate after the Domestic Voilence , Emotional Abuse/insults, in a creative way...Do not attempt it , it may be injurious to health...

It is something Crazy like JAB WE MET movie scene where Kareena asks Shahid to burn the photo of her ex-lover and flush it down the toilet...Relieve yourself ... :)

-inc

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    2 people like this.

2. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

Well me too , will not be taking any effort :rotflbut just for the sake of a silly idea how about a framed picture of her MIL (afterall its your DH's granny):biglaugh

5 people like this.
  3. incarnation

ha ha ha , thanks for the first great FB...:rotfl

4. incarnation

What about some Hate poems...
    Come on folks , send in some more , Vent it out , ....:biglaugh
    Get creative

Warning: ATTEMPT IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.... ;-) , advice : Do not attempt it..

5. incarnation

Comeon almost 100 views but no response ...buck up folks...

-inc

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

inc

No offense! But even if i hate a person to the core, I can never send gifts to make them angrier...basically I look at gift giving as a happy exercise for myself. Sometimes when I know the other person is rude and mean to me and I have been called names, still I ensure they get the best of my love and affection in the form of gifts. I look at gifts as sharing and showing my love..which sometimes we cant show with our words...as our emotions take over us when we are angry with someone...so I dont think I can ever send such hate gifts.

One thing is, no matter how many abuses people hurl at us, the moment they see a nice loving gift from us, the one that they love to have or buy, atleast for couple of minutes they would forget all the enemity and think about us in a good way, they may not openly appreciate it infront of us, but their heart knows whether they liked it or not..and am sure sometimes life/relationship can be made in those couple of moments:)

7. incarnation

Yeah , I know Srividya75 , Thats true...But in my MIL case , The more I gave , the more she said it was junk and everytime next time , she hurled abuses saying you and your parents gift are crap and that was the point of fights most of the time , if nothing else was there...

So , it is just a venting session here , take it in that spirit...I felt very happy by thinking that way and my friend who suggested was actually up with that and read it out with her happy heart and her insomnia was cured for many days ...In that dream gift writing ;-)

:crazy - Crazy but works , just like the JAB WE MET movie scene where Kareena asks Shahid to burn the photo of her ex-lover and flush it down the toilet...

-inc

8. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

'Gift' is such a positive word to be used next to 'hate'. But getting into the light hearted spirit with which you started this thread I must say....... :idea I don't hate my PILs, but I do hate my SIL, and since her main goal is to screw up our (my DH and I) relations with everyone, esp ILs, .... it would be really funny to send her pictures of me, my DH, ILs having a good time. :biglaugh :biglaugh

1 person likes this.
  9. fudge

fudge Senior IL'ite

Rightly said...I also feel the same. inc I understand you started this in a lighter vein but my say on this is I might not give them anything if I don't like them rather give them a hate gift and accumulate more hatred feelings from them..:hide:

10. roses_bloom

roses_bloom Junior IL'ite

hahaha.. I get that you are trying to be light hearted and have some fun :)

I think I would send my MIL a 'cookbook' as a birthday present - She likes to think that she is the best cook in the world - i'd love to see her face when she gets 'Cooking for Beginners' or 'Cooking for Dummies' LOL

just kidding, I do like my MIL a LOT!

4 people like this.