1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What healthy meal did I eat today

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by shivachoubey, Jun 11, 2010.

1. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

nice one will give it a try..
    what is the measure of water for this??

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear smartgrl,

Thanks for liking the recipe. For 1 cup bulgur use 2 cups water.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

3. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

I tried your Bulgar Upma but instead of Bulgar I used Dalia. It was good. I also tried your Nargisi Paneer Kofta. It was great .

Thanks for the recipes. And also its so nice to have the recipe index so that everything is in one place...

4. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

aloo gobi looks yumm !!! yet another dish i am gonna try : )

5. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Dear shiva,

yesterday i made dry fruit laddu at home, here is the recepie

Cashews - 1 cup
    Almonds - 1 cup
    Sesame seeds / til - 1/2 cup
    peanuts - 1 1/2 cup
    Oats - 1 1/2 cup
    Jaggery - as per required / according to ur taste

Dry roast cashews, Almonds and peanuts together, dry roats til and oats seperately, grate jaggery as per ur taste and keep it a side

Now powder cashews, Almonds, peanuts together and powder oats and til seoperately (coz til emits oil while grinding) now add grated jaggery to it and give all the mix a nice run in the mixie. Heat 1 or 2 spoons of ghee and add it in the mix and make them as small round balls...enjoy

Its very tasty and very healthy too

Nutrition information:
    Almonds: As we all know are rich source of Vitamin E
    They are also rich in monounsaturated fat, one of the two "good" fats responsible for lowering LDL cholesterol.
    Claimed health benefits of almonds include improved complexion, improved movement of food through the colon (feces) and the prevention of cancer

Cashews: They are rich in monosaturated fat, and it is also rich in antioxidants, calcuim and protein. It also has lot of calories but taking cashews in limited portions has a lot of benefits

Peanuts: They are rich in monosaturated fat, and it is also rich in antioxidants. They are Heart healthy nuts, Aids gastrointestinal health and Good source of calcium

Oats: We all know they are richest source of dietry fiber, they also Lower cholesterol, Reduces high blood sugar, Boosts Immune system, Reduces weight, Good source of Protein, Improves digestion, Stronger bones, Excellent for Pregnancy and good for skin

Sesame seeds: They are exceptionally rich in iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, and calcium and contain vitamin B<SUB>1</SUB> (thiamine) and vitamin E (tocopherol).<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-5>[</SUP>
    <SUP></SUP>
    Jaggery: It is considered as wholesome sugar, retaining more mineral salts than refined sugar. Moreover, the process does not involve chemical agents. Indian Ayurvedic medicine considers jaggery to be beneficial in treating throat and lung infections

Regards

Deepthi

6. Durgapriye

Durgapriye Senior IL'ite

Great job Shiva Thanks for healthy recipes. I hope you will add more to soup section.

7. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Shiva,
    Nice thread,
    After a long time, I am visiting your thread.
    Do you have any Pasta/Macaroni receipe.
    Please do shareIT.

8. supreep

supreep Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Everyone knows that sprouts is very healthy but doesn't taste that good. So initially we eat for sometime and then give up on it.

I have one variation for sprouts which you can have for breakfast and it tastes very nice. I dont have snaps for the recipe but I will post the recipe below.

Ingredients ::

Sprouts ( Green moong and chana)
    Brown bread ( preferably)
    green chutney ( made of mint, coriander leaves, curd, green chillies and few cumin seeds)
    2-3 drops of butter or oil.

Grease the sandwich maker with 2-3 drops of oil.
    Apply green chutney on both the breads . Put sprouts in between the breads and keep in sandwich maker for about 3-4 minutes. I like my sandwich extra crisp so I keep it for 5 minutes. You can have it as you like.

For your breakfast eat this sandwich with tomato sauce.It is fulfilling and it tastes yum.
    This is a very good way of involving sprouts in your daily diet.

Hope you guys like it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Bottle Gourd Raita

Bottle gourd is one vegetable that is packed with nutrients. During weight loss I try to create bulk with veggies in different form and one way is to add them to the curd.

This is my favorite way to eat bottle gourd and its damn simple to make.

Ingredients

1. Bottle gourd peeled and cut into square pieces

2. Curd

3. Salt, green chilies, red pepper powder according to taste.

Procedure

1. Put bottle gourd in a pan and add enough water. Add little salt and cover. Boil till the pieces are soft and cooked.

[​IMG]

2. Let the bottle gourd cool. Do not throw the water.

3. Take thick curd and whisk well and then add the bottle gourd along with the water.

4. Mix well. Add salt, green chillies and red pepper powder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can add other spices to make it more tasty. I like it in this simple form.

The more filling your plate will look more satisfied you will be after eating your food.

Do You Know - Bottle gourd or lauki is one of the earliest vegetables cultivated by man. Its very high in water content and hence low in calories.
    It is very effective in treating constipation and other digestive disorders and is recommended in Ayurveda to correct liver problems.

Please post your comments and feedback on http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-foods/101112-comments-feedback-healthy-meal-thread.html

10. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

I made a vry tast bfast ystedy,

1 egg
    chpped cabbag,onions,coriandr levs,shreded carrot - all this = 1 cup
    pepr pdr
    salt.
    mix all this and leave for 5 mins,add a tsp of milk
    spread on a non stik tava or dosa tava ( rub onions on the tave to avoid the oil )
    Close it and let i cook, toss it over and yummf veg ommlet is ready and guess what, it is enough for two ( sharing the egg calories also)

it goes well with chapati or bread, even rice if for lunch.

have fun loosing weight

luv

praseeda