1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Plz advice

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sirna, Sep 5, 2010.

1. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

You're welcome.

Keep us informed, about what unfolds, next.

We are concerned about you, friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  2. anaconda1997

anaconda1997 Senior IL'ite

u seem silly not him. to divorce him for this silly reason. just know that possessiveness is a part of married life.once you told him that you will divorce, thats all, u broke the relationship. why cant you cull all your male unnecessary contacts, and behave decent and prove him that you need no one????
    i feel strong that problem is on ur side not him.

3. sirna

sirna New IL'ite

Hi,

i dont have male friends .he doesnt like talking to me office colleagues.
    but now i am nt working but then also he doubts me i call them and mail while i do nt do all such .thats situation

4. anaconda1997

anaconda1997 Senior IL'ite

then why dont you make him convince that you are not in touch with any of them.. do not divorce for this reason. if he is good in all other things this is not at all an issue.think of way which yu can use to make him believe. speak to him in love, keep ur anger aside. if someone calls u or mails u, act like -oh man, dont they have any other work? nonsense. like u r not at all interested,. that will make him change .

ok,what he is working as?? has he any insecurities in life?

5. manfromchennai

manfromchennai New IL'ite

It is unbelievable that this woman is called silly and her husbands' daily suspicions are termed as 'possessiveness'.

Hi, muteviolin, 'possessiveness' is the show of jealosy once in a while, not continuously.

6. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Usually a man or a woman at their initial stages of their marriages shows some possessiveness.It's ok since they are not at their full understandings.But after seven years they will be knowing each and every minute thing of their spouse.So they stop showing their such attitudes.But in sirina's case her husband's continued possessive behaviour will definitely irritate.How can she explain each and every activity of her's to her husband all the time and how will she feel comfortable if he is always monitering her? I think this is too much to face all over the life.
    Instead of telling about the divorce she can openly convey her love for him and only him .This may create a confidence in him.Also he may change his attitude.

7. pshanti1986

pshanti1986 New IL'ite

one of my cousins who is a doctor said some people who are still suspicious despite evidence to the contrary suffer from a disease of the mind called delusional disorder/delusion of infidility or othello syndrome. Other aspects of their life will be normal but they suspect their partners fidility no matter how hard one convinces. It is easily treatable by doctors but they rarely go to doctors for this problem.

8. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

The disease is called "paranoid schizophrenia". You are right. So many individuals in the society may be silently harbouring this disease in them. As you heard rightly, it responds to treatment with antipsychotic medication and councelling.

9. canreachus

canreachus Senior IL'ite

I don't at all see divorce as an option for such managable problem, you only told that he is normal in all the other aspect of life, then it can not be any sort of disorder, you will have to find out- what made him to be a suspicious person, and if you want to spend your life with you don't hide anything , let him check your mails also, what difference does it make if you don't have anything to hide....

what I say is- Handle yourself with brain but handle him with heart

10. pshanti1986

pshanti1986 New IL'ite

According to my doctor cousin, 'The disease is called delusional disorder( wherein the delusion is specific and limited and focussed in one area i. e infidility in this case, all other aspects of life are not affected) and not paranoid schizophrenia wherein apart from varied and ill-formed delusions, other aspects of the life and functioning are affected.

Delusional disorder and paranoid schizophrenia are different - she vehemently quotes.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010