Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padma123

padma123 New IL'ite

Hope to be at home here.

hi everyone, i am new to indusladies. i am just penning a few lines to say hello. allow me to introduce myself. My name is Padma. i am a malaysian by birth but an indian at heart. i am married and have two girls. My eldest is working and the younger one is at the University. My husband is retired. I am a teacher by profession. i found some articles here veryyyyyyyyy interesting and hope to be able to take an active part in this site. hope to have a wonderful time with wonderful people like u. thank u.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Re: Hope to be at home here.

Hi Padma,
    Welcome to IL. You will definitely feel at home. We all feel at home and you are always welcome to put forward your views and points and take active participation as you can. As a teacher you could share so many things with us so that many of us could be benefited by it.

3. mridulanagarajan

mridulanagarajan New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hi

This is Mridula Nagarajan , I am the founder,President of Mridula's School of Embroidery and Fashion design in Chennai.

<table id="content" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="bodytext" valign="top">I bring more than forty years of rich experience teaching,nurturing and researching across the gamut of the Indian and International embroidery.

Traveling across India, My efforts include integrating some of the niche regional embroideries such as Kantha,Kasuthi,Kutch,Phulkari,Chickankari,Kashmiri,Thoda and Mirror and their unique techniques and incorporating them effectively through the School's education Programs.

For the benefit of women across the globe,I started the Distance Education in Embroidery , more than a decade ago,through the introduction of well designed correspondence courses through which a large number of women have been able to learn and appreciate the various embroideries,techniques and applications for their home and commercial use.

I help create prototypes for Anchor Design Studio,a Needle Craft design division of Madura Coats Ltd, which are published in the Needle & Thread Magazine and I also compiled the syllabus for One year Diploma and Advanced diploma in Embroidery as a design consultant.

My articles on Embroidery were featured regularly in the popular Women's magazine AVAL VIKATAN published by Vikatan Publications ,Chennai, one of the oldest and most popular Magazine Publishers in India for four years between 2000-2004 and a part of which was later published and sold as a Book on Embroidery by Vikatan Publications.

I have conducted and continue to conduct several workshops as to the the Design and Application of Embroideries. Currently ,my focus is on creating niche applications using Ari & Zardosi Embroideries for the dresses to help improve their export opportunites and proliferation.
    </td><td class="image"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th scope="col">

</th></tr><tr><td>
    </td></tr><tr><td>
    </td></tr><tr><td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td class="bodytext" valign="top">
    I also contribute to the awareness of the embroidery and applications on a program in the newly Launched 'Kalaignar TV' Channel in Chennai telecast on Tuesdays and Fridays from 6.30 to 7 am.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2007
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi mridula,

You are welcome....i am fan of your teaching...in the needle and craft, anchor...

Waiting to interact with you in the hobbies and craft forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2007
  5. fathimal

fathimal New IL'ite

halo IL members,
    my name is fathima residing in dubai with my husband and a son.i m basically from kerala.i happen to come tru this site accidently and found it to b very useful specially for housewives like me who r interrested in crafts music beauty and fashion.i wud like to appreciate the moderators and administrators for puttin up such a useful site for women of all aspects.congrats well done gr8 job.and all the very best for more gud work.

6. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

Hi, my name is Dipti. I am 47 years old n ( i hope i am not too old to be on Indusladies:lol:) I am a graduate (B.A.) with Economics n English. I was born n brought up in India. I have been staying in South Africa since 1988 with my husband n two children. I love cooking, and being a full time housewife i have got enough time to do that. I like simple people with a kind nature, and a sense of humour. I hate lies and hypocrisy. I am a Gujarati. My mothertonge is Gujarati.

7. Farzana

Farzana New IL'ite

Hello ladies

I am Farzana - I reside in Johannesburg (South Africa). I am married for 5 years my husband is from Lahore (Pakistan). We have a 4 year old son Uzair. I work as an execution Manager for the Railways. Despite my being born bred and brought up in South Africa I am very indian in every sense of the word. I maintained my culture together with my values and morals.:2thumbsup:

My hobbies include cooking, yoga, walking in the gardens, sewing, playing with my son during every free time I get off from work.:wink:

My dream is to eventually run my own business where I want to facilitate motivational subjects to women and teenage girls from all walks of life. :mrgreen:

Also, should anybody feel down and out and dont know who to speak to - you are most welcome to send me a message and I will try my utmost to make you feel "good".:tongue

Last but not least I would like to thank Indus Ladies for this beautiful site - it is absolutely phenomenal that somebody came up with an idea like this specifically targetting Indian women from all over the world.

WELL DONE INDUS LADIES :yes:

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Maya - welcome to IL. You have indicated that you love cooking - well, let me tell you that you have come to the perfect place - check out the recipes forum - our resident cooking guru Chitvish has posted some fabulous recipes that I am sure you will find very helpful. You can also post in the forum for Indians in the Middle East - you will be able to connect with ladies in that part of the world.

Hi sarojini - welcome to IL. I see that we have another cooking enthusiast! Please do check out the recipes forum and try out new dishes. Our gardening thread is also flourishing, thanks to our resident gardening experts. Please do join us and let us know your achievements!

Hi Lekha - check out the forum dedicated to the ladies in Middle East. We hope to see your participation in IL.

Hi Renji - first of all congratulations! First pregnancy is indeed a wonderful experience. I see that you are living in Kerala - please post your query regarding a domestic helper in the forum dedicated to Indians in Kerala. You will get more response there. This thread is to mainly to introduce oneself. so, please do post in that forum so that you will get a response.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  9. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi siri - welcome to IL - as a food blogger, you will definitely appreciate our recipes forum - please do check it out. By the way, your blog looks great, the pictures eye-catching!

Hi Veena - hope you have settled down in your new surroundings by now. Please browse the forum Indians in Germany - you can post in that forum and will connect with ladies in your neck of the woods.

Hi cozmic -welcome to IL - please do pen a few words about yourself and interests - please take some time and browse the various forums and give us your input.
    Hi Sumaya - welcome to IL. Coming to a new place is always unsettling - especially when it is so far away from your near and dear ones. All of us at IL understand how you feel - most of us have been there at one time or another. Try to assimilate with your new surroundings and make new friends - keep and open mind and I am sure you will start to feel better soon. In the meantime, think of IL as your connection to India - as you can see, we all feel very connected with each other. We hope to see your participation!

Hi Magi - welcome to IL. What is your line of work? As you can see, there are women from all different areas and interests that interact in IL. We hope you can share your experiences with us in IL.

Hi Sylvia - welcome to IL. We are glad that you are a member here - the perfect place to connect with ladies in your area. Please take time to check out the Ladies in Middle East forum and make some posts there - you will connect with women in the Middle East and hopefully you will not feel so isolated!

Hi Sukshma - welcome to IL. so, you made the move back!! How was it? You should share some of your experiences both positive and the not so positive. I am sure that will start an interesting discussion!!

Hi Savitha - welcome to IL. Isnt it amazing that we all feel so close to each other? Go through some of the forums like 'Working Women' and see if you can make your post there - you may get a better response out there. Good luck in finding a job that is flexible for you!

10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Hello Friends

A big hello to you all. I would like to introdude myslf as Raji. I accidently came upon Indusladies while googling for something else, and I have been hooked on to this ever since. A brief intro about myself.

I am born and brought up in Mumbai. An engineer by profession, I am working as a Programmer Analyst in a software company in Mumbai. I've been married since the last 1.5 years.

My passion consists of reading and good food.

My sincere thanks to all of you who have contributed, as your suggestions and advice have helped me to a great extent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.