1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which brand/product did you use for baby bath tub?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by daisymom, Sep 7, 2010.

1. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

i am going to deliver my first child in October and i m still at loss about which bath tub to use. i want the tub to last at least 6 months (wrt the size of the baby)

plz tell me which (Bath Tub) brand or product you used for bathing your baby. were u satisfied with it?

eagerly awaiting ur replies!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I used trhe first years tub until DS was 10 months old. It has a mesh to use till the baby is 3 months old and after that you can remove the mesh and use it.
    Here's the tub I used
    The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn-to-Toddler Tub - Learning Curve - Babies "R" Us

And for baby soap/shampoo - Initially I used Johnson & Johnson but it made DS's skni very dry and itchy. I guess because of the fragrance in there. So I switched to Aveeno. Works perfeclty. I also used Cetaphil. Both Aveeno and Cetaphil worked fine for DS.

Hope this helps!

3. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Daisymom,
    For bath products, I had used Johnson& Johnson's brand. Aveeno is another very good brand if there are any issues with allergic reactions.

Thanks,
    Oopall.

4. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

@Mridusudha : the tub looks awesome.. but i m not sure if these are available in India :hide:

do u have any experience (ur own or via a friend) of the Fisher Price Bath Tubs?

@Oopall : thank u for the feedback sweetheart, but i m looking for a bath tub brand.

5. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

6. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I second the tub posted by mridusudha. Had that one myself. if unavailable in india, fisher price is good too as a brand. get the one which has an inclined head support or a sling - both are very useful for newborns. on the mothercare website posted by another OP I found this.

Fisher Price Bath Aquarium : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop

Here is something comparable on us stores. you can check the reviews here and also on amazon.com.

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Deluxe Aquarium Bath Tub - Fisher-Price - Babies "R" Us

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Aquarium Bathtub: Baby

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

mothercare tubs are good we used one.... lifestyle has some pretty tubs too.......

we have the "please look after me " tub from mothercare :) u would also want to get a sponge bath support... it was a lifesaver.... both u can get at mothercare

8. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

SInce you are in India, please try MotherCare normal bath tub. I use it for DD even now (she is almost a year old). For the initial 3-4 months, I used a bath support ..you get it from Mothercare too.

9. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

Thank u sooooo much for the feedback about the tubs... i was going crazy here :spin

i cudnt find a please take care of me tub but i did find one @ mothercare. is it similar to that one.

also, please check the sponge support pic i am attaching.

i kind of like the Fisher Price bath tub. is it safe for a new born? i will have my mom with me during the first month of the baby, so i wont be bathing the LO alone.

plz check all three images

Attached Files:

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

daisymom, why pay exhorbitant price for simply a bathtub? u have lots of "kharchas" coming as ur baby grows do not worry:rotfl

fisher price tub is 2.5-3k.... in india fisher price products are pathetically priced...

ShoppersStop.com - Baby Bath this is the bathtub, and its called Please look after me range
    ShoppersStop.com - Foam Bath Support
    this is the foam support...