Check Here: Early Symptoms of Pregnancy and how to test for it!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Niveditha, Oct 19, 2005.

1. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

Re: I am pregnant! :)

hi mythili, congratulations, take care of your health, its always a surprise even if you had planned to become pregnant and very exciting. take care, shweta

2. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Aabhi, Janani, Malathy and Sweta for the nice wishes!
    Regards,
    Mythili

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mythili,

Congarts! Congrats! Congrats! I am so glad for all of you. And it is wonderful that your son is as excited as you. Wishing you all the best and enjoy eating for two.

love
    Vidya

PS: have sent u a Yahoo mail too.

4. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Vidya for your kind wishes,
    Mythili

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Congrats.Every pregnancy is different and exciting.Its going to be a challenge to look after 2 kids.Be ready.Eat healthy and stay fit.
    Bye,
    Supriya

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mythili,
    Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eat well........stay healthy and enjoy this time with your son..........pamper yourself and your kids..............
    You didn't informed about the baby.........is it a boy or girl?
    Take Care

7. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

dear Maithili,

congratulations! i am pretty happy for you.
    i also plan to start the second one soon!!
    but i need to wait for 3 months b4 i can do that but i can relate to what you must be feeling now!!!
    :))
    take care and love to ur son from me.

8. Didka

Didka New IL'ite

How I told him...

Hello all,
    I thought it would be interesting and cute to share how we told our partners about the expected baby<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :-D <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>?

About me, we were trying for baby for 1 and a half year. On the day I expected my period to come I did a pregnancy test but the second line was so light I thought I am imagining it is there. So I didn't tell my husband anything and I waited for 2 days to pass then I did second test. This time second line was bright :2thumbsup: . Immediately I called him as he was already in the office and told the news. He didn't say much only asked if I am sure. After few hours (lunch time) someone rang on the door. When I opened there was my husband with huge smile and big packet in his hands. We hugged with happiness. :oops: After hearing the news he felt very happy and at lunch he escaped from office, bought food from a restaurant and came home. This was the best lunch I ever had in my life.

This is from me, now it is your turn ladies. I am sure you have a lot to say!

One more question to you all. As we live abroad away from parents and relatives I wonder when we should share the news with our parents. When did you do it?

1 person likes this.
  9. diwali

diwali Senior IL'ite

Re: How I told him...

hi Didka,

sooo sweeeeet!!!!

and congratulations to both of u! hope u r enjoying a lot pregnancy!

did u tell u r parents?

take care.

Sri

10. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: How I told him...

Hi Didka

Your story is very romantic.Unfortunately,mine is not so romantic.My first pregnancy happened about 15 months after marriage and I was not ready for it since I was expecting a promotion at that time and did not want to get pregnant.:icon_frown: I remember even before I realised I was pregnant,my MIL kept telling me that from now on you will not be able to reduce weight,I am sure you are pregnant..till date I am clueless as to how she was able to find out. Looked like she was eagerly waiting for me to get pregnant.:-DThen I did a HPT on the 35 th day and realised that ,yes,I was pregnant.I showed the test strip to my husband.He was elated,I was a little disheartened but at the same time,there was this unexplainable joy within me! It was a new feeling altogether,there is a life growing inside me and I wanted to take all precautions to bring this child safely into this world.Both of us decided that we will not tell anyone about the testing we did.

We went to the doctor the next day to confirm,but she asked us to come after a month.So,officially,we were able to tell everyone only after a month!

Now I am pregnant with my second child and here too same thing.This case,we were able to meet a doctor itself only after 14 weeks(because of our shifting locations and medical insurance) and we told all our people only after 14 weeks.There were a little angry with us for not telling earlier,but now everything is going fine.