Medical Transcription

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by priyanka, Feb 13, 2007.

1. SumitraRavibabu

SumitraRavibabu Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Happy to see so many MTs in IL, we can also start a seperate thread in IL (MT-ILities):).

I am also in the same field and i am in this field for the past 11 years (6 years from home as of now). This is a very good profession esp for ladies who would like to work from home. There is no end for learning in this field. We have to be very careful with each and every word we type and snippets. I really think all HBT-MT's all are really blessed coz we can take care of our kids and can also make money. As Vardhini said, making money really depends on our potential when it comes to HBT (Home-based transcription).

I would like to mutter up some points that i think will help all those who r eager to take up this course.

Firstly, i want to clearly mention medical field is a very big ocean, one has to be so efficient to understand the medical terminologies in American English (ours is british english, so spellings will differ) and surely a good MT should be a semi-doctor, so teaching it online as far as me will not clarify all your doubts.

Secondly, everyone has a wrong thought that as they finish their course whether it is online or personal training, they can start working from home. Unless you do not have medical background, that is impossible coz as u start u will have so many doubts :rantbut u will not have anybody to help you out. MT is a time-oriented job, we are getting the jobs done here only coz of the time difference between US and India, so client will not wait for us and finally jobs will be taken back from you, so u have to at least work in office for a minimum of one year to get professionally trained.

Thirdly, you cannot enjoy any Indian holidays. Diwali or Sankaranti u have to be at the doorstep of your office at right time.

Certainly, this is not for discouraging any of you. I am having so many of my friends and relatives who have takenup this course seeing me but only some r continuing and some giveup due to above reasons and wrong assumption that they cannot work from home as they finish the course, so just wanted to share the facts.

Ppl who are really comfortable with all this can take up MT as their profession and mend money from home easily handling the household chores side-by-side.

SumitraRavibabu.

2. Aishwariya

Aishwariya New IL'ite

Hi Varudhini ! I am a new member to this website. Happened to see your post related to Medical Transcription.... I know its really loooooong time to question abt this. I am in Chennai and I would love to take up job in medical transcription. I am a Bcom graduate and have experience in Quality i.e call monitoring and also I worked in Utilitied based industry. Could you suggest me any job related to Medical transcription. Thanks in Advance.

3. bindupavithra

bindupavithra New IL'ite

I am really interest in mt course.I like to know more detaila

4. Rajisara

Rajisara New IL'ite

Hi Smitha!

I'm interested in doing a course in MT in Sharjah. Are there any centres in Sharjah offering this course. Is there any job scope in Sharjah for MT? Would appreciate your advice in this matter. Thankyou.

5. jasu

jasu New IL'ite

Hi Varudhini..
    great info about MT. I have been looking an option of working from home as I want to take care of my daughter who is in UKG. I live in Blore around IIMB. Daily I am checking the newspaper where I see the ads like "MT training with stypend." How to make sure they are reliable.

And anybody knows any reliable MT companies in n around IIMB?? Pls guide me.

6. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Hi Jini,
    I saw you are in US. how long was your course period and what visa are you in here? can the h4 work at home as MT for a company here in US or in India?

Priya

7. Adumom

Adumom New IL'ite

Hi...

I have been doing MT for 10 years now totally, working from home for past 4 years..if any one has queries, please post them here, will reply

8. Jini1981

Jini1981 New IL'ite

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply..am new to this forum..can't figure out to see my posts daily..I did my course through Careerstep (you can find about them through their website)..it is a one year online course..the cost is about $2000, it is a little difficult course, so do your research and be prepared to work hard before joining in..Careerstep directly will not help you in placements but they do help in checking your resumes and there is a careerstep forum which is very useful in finding jobs after the completion of course. If you have any more questions, please let me know..

9. arch123

arch123 New IL'ite

Hai sumitra,
    I am also Tamil.I am also wants to study MT course,Actually i have a computer Background.Now i am in gulf,Next year i will be gone to india for vaccation.Then i will plan to join in Coimbatore MT training center,they provide oppourtunity to study thro online,and give a job as a Home based.Is this possible or not?

Any way now i am study some Free Online MT course thro Internet as given
    Medical Transcription Course
    Please check this link and this is cover portions like u when u are studied MT course.
    Can u guide me sumitra.Becaz i have no guidance:cheers

10. mercymani

mercymani New IL'ite

hi Jini1981,

I am staying in green bay wisconsin state and would like to work from home. I have undergone a training in mt and workd for sometime before i got married and now i jus want to once again start my career in mt. wondering if i can work in the US. Which co are u working?? pls can u guide me on this and advice.

thanx in advance,

mercy