Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sada satisfy karo, beti !

Thanks for your feedback. Every time, somebody writes about potato roast, I am tempted to make it once ! My figure does'nt warrant it all, but still....... !
    This tomato bath is a typical S I version from my Chettiar friend & in noway a pulao .
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitra,

Now i ambackheart and soul! I did miss all the interactions ...

Yesterday made pudina rice, tomato-date pachadi and onion potato-cauliflower kuzhambu....amazing everything tasted perfect . I had a guest and he loves pudina it seems, so you can imagine the happiness ....now i really feel that if you put ur heart and soul in any work, it turns out perfect and spreads a lot of happiness around also...ithu eppadi irruku...learnt all this from u and giving it back to u....good student na?:tongue Anyway, am happy and VJ feels so proud when he mentions you and how computer savvy u r etc and everyone is amazed...so Chitra pughaz paravikittu irruku!

3. Chitvish

Sudha, you are one of the top rankers, sure !

Dear Sudha,
    Only if you experience, you will agree with what you have written. The general tendency is to think cookery as mundane ! You have to involve in it to realise, how creative & enjoyable, it is !
    You cannot blame Vj - enga Madurap pasame aladi thaan ! Ask Sridhar, he will tell you !Now, don't feel bad, I am getting more eager to see VJ than you - ha ha ha - ithu eppadi irukku ????
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My my what paasam u Maduraiites seem to have....i am sure this will lead VJ to u before me, since he is the one visiting Chennai often...ha ha....you all can have a gala MADURAI get together i guess...of course ifthere will be any leftovers then we can join in later, poor us non-maduraiites!:cry:

5. ARCHNA

ARCHNA New IL'ite

dhokla

please post reciepe for dhokkla the yellow one

6. Chitvish

done already.

Hello Archna,
    I have posted it long back in the tiffins thread.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

At last Mrs C,

Managed to get fresh peerkangai over the weekend,the local markets do not have them often. Made peerkangai masiyal with morkuzhambu. Simply delicious. Was easy yet tasty.

I have saved the skin since my hubby was mentioning that you can make thogayal. Is it true? If so how do you make it? Wanted to check with you before discarding the skin. Please let me know. Can masiyal be made with cucumber, white pumpkin? We get peerkangai only once in a while.

Thanks in advance,
    Love,

8. Chitvish

Yes, Mr. Hubby is right !

Dear Anjana,
    Make sure the peel is very tender.Chop peel into small pieces.
    In 2 tsp oil, fry, red chillies, urad dhal, hing & peel till well fried. Grind with tamarind & salt. It is like anyother thogayal.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Not the grilled variety

Dear Chitvish,
    I asked for the ordinary veg sadwich, we usually get in hospital canteens etc, with slices of cucumber, onion and tomatoes only. The edges will be trimmed. Thanks for the grilled sandwich recipe also. I have a bread toaster, the closing type, Is it possible to make the grilled sandwich in that? I usually make a banana sandwich in that. The sandwich gets sealed and comes out in a triangle shape.
    I want to thank you for my manni. She had rhumatic fever in her youth and the bones got twisted because of wrong medical advice. She cannot flatten her fingers and cannot make urundais etc. and also cannot mix things vigorously. She is a very brave person and does so many things even with that kind of problem. She stitches, does embroidery and handwork, makes dolls etc. She has even learned to make wheat halwa from my mother and makes it in large quantities.But making even upma is a problem for her. She called me yesterday and told me that she made mysore pak (not corn oil one) as per your instructions and was very very happy that it turned out very well. (I have copied all the required recipes in a floppy and sent for her. She is trying one by one.) She used to feel sad that she could not make such sweets which need fast mixing. Now she feels very confident that she could make mysore pak. Thank you very much again. I shall pass on th thenkuzhal recipe also to her. She will find it easy to make it.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

10. Chitvish

Hello Varloo !

Thankyou for the mail, you are so warm in your mails !
    For plain sandwich, there is nothing more than applying butter, keeping the vegetable slices, adding salt & pepper. But my gujarathi friend always used to apply coriander chutney for cucumber sandwich & puthina chutney for tomato sandwich. It tastes very good.
    Yes, you can do in the box type also. For the box type, try all these:
    1 - honey & banana slices 2 - nattu sakkarai & banana slices 3 - grated paneer + chopped onion, green chillies + cor leaves 4 - grated chese + chopped pineapple
    or chopped apple . The list is endless !
    I am glad that your manni is able to try out my recipes. I shall post muthusaram recipe also by machine made flour. That is also very easy to make in small batches, if you make the flour & keep.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.