1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Hi Uma,

I too heard that vinegar works for dandruff. But what is ratio in which we should mix water and vinegar ? And should we buy vinegar in a medical shop or just in any of the hypermarkets (Lulu and carefore)....That is, I wanted to know....vinegar is available exclusively for hair or the normal one which they use for cooking. Please clarify..
    Thanks...
    Devi.

2. rechu

rechu New IL'ite

this discussion about dandruff removal proved very useful to me thanks to all

3. hmpg

hmpg New IL'ite

Re: Home Remedies for Dandruff

Dandruff is caused because of unclean hair. Warm coconut oil and give oil massage. After one or two hrs, give a clean wash. Wash your comb thoroughly. Repeat this every alternate day.

4. SavithriBai

SavithriBai New IL'ite

thankyou for the nice tips...i will try it

5. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I drink lot of water & eat fruits. I stopped junk long back.
    I apply oil before 20min hair bath & then take hair bath..
    Using, aveeno shampoo & conditioner..

But still, I get dandruff often.. Once in a week I get time for hair bath.. severe dandruff..

what to do?

I use hair st ing but with heat tamer(protector liquid) and i also use hair serum(coconut milk)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  6. vidyasubodh

vidyasubodh New IL'ite

For a dry scalp-
    Weekly twice do oil massage. Take oil which is little hot so that u can apply on your scalp. Take partition then apply oil with cotton.

Itching problem : U can put methi powder mix it with little water and apply this will keep u away from itching.

7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

After fighting dandruff for 10 years(from school time) and losing my hair density, i am now resorting to full-head shave(tonsure) every few months. Hair growth has also reduced, and now few grey hair also. I am attributing all this to pollution(air, water, food) for there is no balding in family history(my grandp a is 97*(not out) and still have decent amount of hair).

This Famous doctor in town prescribes me NOVALE or some junk which contains that KZ which is supposed to fight dandruff. And i think he is getting paid from all the pharma companies, for everytime he changes the brand. BTW the doctor too is balding!

Just today i got a full shave(after getting liberal amount of verbal dosage from mom dad and all work-less morons around).

Since i did a full shave, Miss and Mrs Indus ladies, please suggest me tried and tested methods to maintain a dandruff-free /denser(is it possible, will new hair grow?) /cleaner scalp. And thanks if it helps for the few white hairs too.

Thanks.

8. suna

suna New IL'ite

use heena (mehandi)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  9. Walnut

Walnut New IL'ite

Can try applying warm olive oil in the scalp and leave it for 15-20min ,wash it with shampoo
    :thumbsup

10. smirthika

smirthika New IL'ite

Hi,

I am using Neeli Hair oil. This is manufractured by traditional ayurvedic formula. It give results within a week. And it helps darkblack hair growth.